Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Aura:

Dec 152018

Aura

I just saw that my car is on a list for recall

- Lewis Center, OH, USA

Sep 082018

Aura

I tried pulling my car out of my garage and my car got stuck in drive and will not shift to any other gear. And since it's stuck in drive it will not start back up.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Jun 082018

Aura

On three separate occasions going at slow speeds, I step on the braks and the car jumps and go at a high speed when I am in traffic. In happens when the traffic is slow and then begins to move. The last occasion resulted in my car being totaled. It always the front end.

- Windsor Mills, MD, USA

May 032017

Aura

Car will not pass smog due to code P0017 so I took it twice for repair and check engine light is still on. Tech said an engine flush may fix the problem but it didn't work so the next thing is the crank shaft timing chains which will cost over $2,000 to fix. Car has less than 93,000 and I have seen alot of complaints for the same issue. Will a recall be issued soon.

- West Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 182017

Aura

While driving 55 on a busy two lane highway the vehicle dinged and read service traction control on console, immediately the it flashed engine power reduced and engine disabled and my car lost all power and I was unable to get it all the way off the road due to the uphill incline - the car behind me shot out into oncoming traffic and almost caused a major multiple car pile up. The car restarted after sitting a few minutes with reduced engine power for the first twenty miles - I could top out at about 45 and hear an electrical engagement sound. I took it to the dealership but the traction control and engine lights were gone by the time I got there and it was back up to power. I was told it was likely a sensor on the brake pedal and they had to order the part. It has disabled on me about five times now without warning and does so at any speed. It started this before any other problems with the vehicle, specifically as I lost traction on some icy snow and spun the tires a few times when the car had 50,000 miles on it. Before the traction control was addressed I had to replace the engine as the timing chain and cam actuators failed at 210 K. we somehow forgot about the tc problem and three days into driving with a new engine the car disabled again stating service traction control.

- Oakridge, OR, USA

Jan 012014

Aura

If you are driving in the rain going 70 suddenly the car will slow down to 25 mph because the drainage system shorts out the computer in the dashboard.

- Fort Thomas, KY, USA

Jul 192015

Aura

Travelling at 55 mph vehicle stalled sharply and jerked. It will drive but has no power.

- Amesbury, MA, USA

Jul 082014

Aura

Random error warning messages keep appearing on my display center, ie. Airbag needs service, door ajar, stability control needs service, etc. Overhead dome lights stay on until shut off by the battery saver after 20 min., these are caused by the malfunctioning "body control module".

- New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA

Sep 292014

Aura

My vehicle was taken to southern Chevrolet in alexandria, la to repair a recall on this vehicle and when the vehicle was released to me the panel on either side of the shift control had been ripped out and left in a condition it could not be replaced. My car has yet to be repaired. I have pictures of the damage left by tech. If you will furnish me an address to send them to.

- Alexandria,, LA, USA

Jul 012014

Aura 6-cyl

I received a recall notice July 2014. I called conte Chevy of freeport, NY, 516-623-9600, they advised me they would notify when the parts come in. I'm still waiting. Please advise what to do next thank you updated 3/15/2016

- Elmont , NY, USA

Nov 262011

Aura 6-cyl

Transmission shifter cable failed. Car at first would not shift into reverse, and later wouldn't go into park and could not be started. I am reporting this because this has happened with other 2007 Saturn Auras, and there have been several accidents involving problems with failure of the transmission shifter cable. Despite an active investigation NHTSA action number : EA11015, and articles in the news stating GM is offering free repairs for customers who experience this problem, GM said they had no information regarding this problem and would not cover the repair.

- Middletown, CT, USA

Jan 192011

Aura

I drove into my garage to park the car. I put the car in park and the shifter shifted very hard. I decided to back the car out of the garage and when I went to put the car in park the gear did not engage. In fact, no gear would engage and the only way I could stop my car was to put on the parking break. I had it towed to my local dealership and they informed me that the shifter cable was broken. I started researching this problem and found that there was a recall for this exact same problem on the 2008 and 2009 Saturn Aura models, but not on the 2007 models which is of course the one I have. Upon googling this problem it seems that there are several Saturn Aura 2007 model owners that have had this same problem.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Apr 282008

Aura 6-cyl

Driving a 2001 Saturn Aura xr about 30-35 mph when traffic in front of me was stopped, applied brakes, there were none. Hit vehicle in front of me at 30-35 mph and no air bags either.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA