6.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru Crosstrek:

Aug 272017

Crosstrek Premium 2.0L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

paint and chrome are easily damaged paint and chrome are easily damaged

I purchased this Subaru CrossTrek new from the dealer here in California. The vehicle generally is not as ruggedly made as I had hoped. The interior materials scratch and scuff extremely easily. The exterior paint and chrome are very fragile. I have driven 9000 highway miles and 5 dirt road miles since I bought the car.

I have small rock chips all the way down to the aluminum (hood) and plastic (bumpers) around the front of the car, but somehow I have several rock chips that go all the way down to the black plastic underneath on the bumper on the REAR of the vehicle.

The paint is so fragile that bird poop that was in my hood dissolved the clear coat AND paint and got down to the aluminum. It looks terrible.

There are dozens of smaller bird poop marks all over my car that have stained the paint yellow, even on surfaces that are waxed.

I am frightened to see what this car will look like after 10 years or 100,000 miles.

Additionally, the "chrome" on the grill is bubbling (about an inch) from a small rock hit that I must have gotten.

So much for having a rugged vehicle.

- , Laguna Niguel, US