8.8

$0

Most common solutions:

2. dealer fixed computer. mpg fixed & oil burning stopped (1 reports)
  3. subaru bought back vehicle (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Forester:

Aug 182018

Forester

Engine light came on. Owners manual indicated low oil. I just had the oil changed 1,000 miles ago. A check for an oil leak showed there was none. I had oil added and the light went off. The miles per gallon has gone down recently by 10 miles per gallon. I am concerned there is something wrong with the fuel injectors and the engine oil fuel mix. I see that there is some sort of recall on this vehicle related to the intake duct for the turbocharger, whatever that is.

I scheduled to take this vehicle in to a Subaru dealer to see if this is the problem and if Subaru will pay to fix the problem on my relatively new vehicle. This car is not driven hard and should not have this sort of problem since it is only 3.5 years old and has a little over 40,000 miles on it. Hopefully Subaru will stand behind their product and provide some relief and a fix with no charge to me. Time will tell.

Update from Sep 15, 2018: The dealer told me they fixed the computer on my vehicle. They did not charge me anything. My vehicle has stopped burning oil. My gas mileage is back to normal.

- cde34rfvbgt56yhn, Hurst, US

Jul 022018

Forester XT Premium 2.0L

click to see larger images

check engine light on

This is not the first time it happened. Last time an update was performed by the dealer.

- L A., Queens Village, NY, US

Jun 012017

Forester Toring 2.0L Turbo

click to see larger images

check engine light on

When this problem comes up, the cruise control will not work. The car is not safe.

Update from Jul 17, 2017: Brought car to dealership for one week , they were looking for the problem and haven't done yet . I am waiting for the notice now.

- wwwwwyang, Port Lavaca, US

May 022015

Forester 2.0XT Touring Turbo

The car started ok in the morning but after about 5 minutes of driving what appeared to be all the lights on the dash started flashing and then the service needed light came on. At this point, the car automatically shifted to the drive mode to (S) drive and I was not able to change the drive mode. I pulled over and turned the car off and back on but the need service stayed on and I was only able to drive my car in (S) drive. The following day I started up my car and it worked fine... no service light on anymore and I was able to drive in any drive mode.

Next time I brought my car to the dealership service I told them of the issue. They ran diagnostics and could not find any issue. They stated it might have been the gas cap that was not put on tightly. Really?!?

- bobbacon, Cypress, CA, USA

Mar 202015

Forester Premium 2.5L

• CVT transmission

Engine would idle rough. It stalled and check engine light came on. Error code revealed too much fuel in engine. This was cleared and occurred again several days later. Has been in the shop for over one month. Subaru engineer flew out to see the car and worked on it for two days. Engine was taken apart. Problem could not be discovered. Subaru offered to repurchase or replace vehicle.

- Thomas P., St Paul, MN, USA