9.3

$610

Most common solutions:

1. replace spring (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Forester:

Apr 082019

Forester XT Touring 2.0L

• CVT transmission

Both rear coils failed and snapped at the same time. Subaru only offered the same $500 voucher others have talked about. If it were something truly worn out like if the struts wore out in under 50k miles it would be unfortunate but I would accept that they just wore fast. But to have both springs catastrophically fail at the same time is pretty extreme for a vehicle under 5 years and 50k miles old. I would expect that Subaru should cover this in full and they let me down.

- operatoro, Darlington, US

Sep 192018

Forester XT Premium

click to see larger images

suspension spring broke suspension spring broke

I just had the left rear coil spring on my 2015 Forester XT fail at 52250 miles. I don't off-road, or tow, or overload the suspension, or do anything extreme with the car, but still last week the left rear coil spring broke. I called Subaru before having it assessed because I had seen on forums that some people had luck getting Subaru to contribute money toward the repair. Subaru started a claim for me and told me to get it evaluated by a dealership. Dealership confirmed broken coil spring, repair cost $540. Subaru spoke with the dealership directly and agreed to cover the cost of the repair. Parts were in stock and I had my car back the next day. It was really a quite painless process thanks to Subaru. If they hadn't covered the cost my tone would be quite different.

- Arden S., Annandale, US

Sep 042018

Forester ES 2.5L

I've heard this is a problem that is quite common. Apparently Subaru is using an inferior product for its springs.

- gstephen, St. Paul, US