8.0

$4,010.00

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Subaru Impreza:

Jun 162016

Impreza LX Jfigpag

I reported this incident to you and to Subaru in July 2016. This is a follow-up. The car took off on me; couldn 't stop it. Subaru inspected car and reported that I had hit accelerator; not brakes, repeatedly. I question that; however, no way to prove. BUT I was interested to see recently in an email from you about another Impreza; same year, same model, whose description of accident duplicated mine. It was like reading Deja-Vu, except I stopped when I couldn't make a 45 degree turn in road and crashed into several things. He was from Attleboro Mass, I am from Holden,Mass- car bought in Shrewsbury, new, in July 2012. Same "batch??" Also, I almost turned it in as a lemon as there were problems with ignition which it took several returns to dealer before getting resolved. Car was totaled. JUst for your information,to add to your history on this car.

- , Holden, USA

Aug 042014

Impreza Limited 2.0L

I drove into a parking garage, came around the bend at a slow speed and was already within the lines of the parking space, probably going less than 5 miles an hour (a few more feet to go. Approx. 6 feet) when the car made this very loud revving noise (as if people were drag racing) and then sped/flew forward into the concrete wall of the parking garage. I reversed the car out of the wall.

Once the car stopped, I checked to see if gears had an issue or if anything was near the pedals. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Nothing interfering with either. I was so close to being parked that I would have just needed to lightly touch the brake in order to come to a complete stop. I felt like the car was possessed and that it just took over. The revving was so loud and the acceleration so intense. It was as if the car was acting on its own. Conditions were dry inside and outside of the public parking garage.

I have burns across my shoulder from the impact of the seat belt and have had a sore chest from the force of the impact and the seat belt. I have been on Advil the whole week. I cannot bend forward easily and have not been able to sleep on my side since. It is sore to turn around as well. Have whiplash as well. Sore neck and shoulders.

Due to this incident, I have lost all confidence in driving, and the trust, of any car and its ability to stop. I am still dumbfounded and in disbelief.

We reported this incident to Subaru immediately and they seemed supportive and mentioned it would be investigated. Subaru dealership pulled the codes from the "black box" and saw an acceleration and impact. Well, this information doesn't tell what caused this acceleration. They said we have to contact our insurance company investigate it. We asked and thought they would investigate, but rather they chose not to. We have reported this to the NHTSA about the defect.

- , Attleboro, MA, USA