6.0

Most common solutions:

1. replaced brake light switch (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Impreza:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Subaru dealer.

Aug 192017

Impreza 2.0i Premium 2.0L 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

ABS, traction control, hill assist lights are on

Over the past week while I was driving the ABS, traction control, hill start assist lights would come on. The next time I'd start my car they would be off. Then this past Saturday after pumping gas, I started my car and the lights were on. I could shift out of park and was stuck at the gas pump. I had to turn my car on and off a handful of times and it finally work. This happened again as I was leaving work on Sunday. Then again on Monday in the morning on my way to work. Took over 20 minutes to get it out of park. I was about 10 minutes late for work. Brake lights, abs and cruse control are not working while this problem occurs.

I call my dealership to make an appointment to get this checked out. I've had multiple different issues with my local Subaru dealership (Very very poor customer service). I have yet another problem with them, the earliest they would get me in, is in 5 weeks (the last week of September!!!). I was like, so my car is pretty much unusable for the next 5-6 weeks. You guys cant help me out. Nope, that's the best they can do. So I told them well I guess I have to try to fix it myself since I need my car. They were just like okay good luck. WTF?!?!. So this is why I haven't just took it to the dealership even though its under warranty. (after a few talks with the GM there, he has agreed to pay for the new brake switch)

So after some research I discovered that it is the brake light switch (sometimes called stoplight switch). Stop by AutoZone and pick a new one up (Duralast brand) and replace it in my car. Boom the problem seems to be fix. ABS, traction control, hill start assist lights are off. My brake lights work, I can get out of park.

- Brandon S., Cumberland, MD, USA