6.0

$930

Most common solutions:

2. replace windshield (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru Outback:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Subaru dealer.

May 302017

Outback 3.6L

Have been a GM gal for YEARS. This is my first subaru because GM has changed the design, engine, and interior. First 4 weeks of having the outback, driving down the interstate and a small rock smacks the bottom right side of the windshield. This leave a small chip. Annoying, but ok, let's get this fixed. Dealer sends out safelite, and the small chip is filled in nicely.

A few months later. Same darn thing happened in almost the same darn place. Safelite comes out and fills in again.

Hot summer with lots of rain in the Virginia area (2018). Driving down the road and a small piece of something hits the windshield near the camera. Guess what....a horizontal crack starts to appear....REALLY something smaller than a period.

Driving to the dealer (45 mph) to have the windshield checked, and guess what??? YES number 3 or 4 you call it. ANOTHER small pebble strikes under my drivers side windshield washer arm. AND YES, another crack which is spreading.

Now remember I was a GM gal and I NEVER replaced a windshield in my 18 year old blazer, I barely had pot marks on the blazer windshield when it sold!!!! What the heck is going on with Subarus windshield. Does not sound like I am the only one that thinks these windshields and/or with eyesight windshields are poor quality.

- overit6, Ashland, US

Dec 142016

Outback HDD 2.5L

This crack appeared suddenly on the lower right side (passenger side) of windshield of my 2017 Subaru Outback, and could be observed actually spreading toward the lower center after just having left my garage 3 or 4 minutes earlier into a snow storm.

There had been no sound of any impact on the vehicle since leaving the garage.

Upon close inspection of the cracked windshield there appeared to be a tiny ding in the midst of the crack. I was not aware of any prior impact of any hard object to this windshield.

I am disturbed about how a tiny (less than centimeter) ding could result in a crack that resulted in need for windshield replacement so soon after purchasing (3000 miles) the car. I am also unaware of any warranty with Subaru that would have covered the cost of replacement. A claim was made to my auto insurance. My windshield was replaced.

Please see complaints of further windshield damages requiring repairs, and a current crack to the replacement windshield which has not yet been repaired (probably will require another replacement).

- Joan G., Anchorage, AK, US