8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru Outback:

Dec 142016

Outback HDD 2.5L

This crack appeared suddenly on the lower right side (passenger side) of windshield of my 2017 Subaru Outback, and could be observed actually spreading toward the lower center after just having left my garage 3 or 4 minutes earlier into a snow storm.

There had been no sound of any impact on the vehicle since leaving the garage.

Upon close inspection of the cracked windshield there appeared to be a tiny ding in the midst of the crack. I was not aware of any prior impact of any hard object to this windshield.

I am disturbed about how a tiny (less than centimeter) ding could result in a crack that resulted in need for windshield replacement so soon after purchasing (3000 miles) the car. I am also unaware of any warranty with Subaru that would have covered the cost of replacement. A claim was made to my auto insurance. My windshield was replaced.

Please see complaints of further windshield damages requiring repairs, and a current crack to the replacement windshield which has not yet been repaired (probably will require another replacement).

- , Anchorage, AK, US