5.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru WRX:

Aug 162018

WRX

I have had the car multiple times idle hard then die both when stopped at stoplights and when coming to a stop. This is the cvt not the manual and I have contacted the dealer the first time it happened and they said "this is normal operation" which I don't think the car dying when I come to a stop is "normal operation".

- Andover, MN, USA

Aug 272018

WRX

Stalling. I have a 2017 Subaru WRX cvt. I was at a red light and the car idled hard and stalled, again this is a cvt not a manual.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Aug 102018

WRX

Clutch on manual transmission has burned out twice in 13000 miles. Dealer blames driver and is not looking hard for other causes. We are 100% positive this is not caused by driver error. Have been stranded on highway twice in less than a year.

- Gurley, AL, USA