Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek:

Sep 082015

XV Crosstrek

TL-the contact owns a 2015 Subaru Xv crosstrek. The contact stated that when driving with two feet, and once his foot releases off the brake pedal the accelerator hesitates for 3 to 4 second without warning and resumes back to normal. The failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer servco Toyota honolulu 2850 pukoloa St #200, honolulu, hi 96819 (808) 564-1100 where a diagnosed test was performed, which was unable to locate a failure code. The vehicle was also test driven and the failure was not duplicated. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 19,000.ck

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Dec 082016

XV Crosstrek

As driver was parking in front of her home, vehicle accelerated in response to braking and rammed into front porch, about 60 feet away. Despite force of collision, no airbags deployed.

- Yellow Springs, OH, USA

Oct 082016

XV Crosstrek

After removing car from garage, while slowly driving uphill in alley (less than 15 mph ), car accelerated on its own while my right foot was in the air on the way to brake to slow down for a turn. The car moved & sounded as if accelerator had been depressed, but it wasn't by the driver! I was able to stop the car with the brake, but unintended acceleration caused car to overshoot where I wanted it to go by several feet. It didn't collide with anything. I heard a "thunk" below car a couple of seconds before the acceleration. I brought car to dealer at earliest appointment - Oct. 11. they suggested it was the continuous variable transmission. I knew car well enough to know what I experienced was not how cvt operates & insisted on speaking to supervisors. They helped me open an investigation by Subaru. I gave Subaru written consent to access the car's black box. Their inspector (from Bosch automotive services) downloaded black box & car's other computers, performed a physical inspection & test drove. He said it was unlikely to be caused by cvt or the cruise control, & found no damage under car. On 11/10/16, I got E-mail from Subaru that no defects were found, no diagnostic trouble codes were stored, & "the vehicle is operating as designed." I called the signer, who stated the "impact of the acceleration was not enough to store." She refused to provide me copies of the computer printouts or any other docs from investigation, claiming they are proprietary to Subaru, even though the data, as part of car, belongs to me! while car was out of service over 30 days, lemonlaw didn't take case as no defect was found. I understand intermittent electronic throttle control problems don't leave dtc codes. Don't know if I can trust this car, as malfunction's cause was never found. NHTSA should issue regs on electronic throttle control safety as owners can't sue!

- Washington, DC, USA