8.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Toyota C-HR:

Jul 242018

C-HR

Came out of work 7/24/18 and my back window on hatch had exploded. Both sides are blown out and the entire window was crystalized. There are no impact points showing anything hit the window. The glass blew out, not into the car. Drove it to dealership collision center in okc. They have the car and have given me a loaner. Their feeling is this is a manufacture defect, but someone from local Toyota has looked at it and said no. It is being escalated to decide if Toyota is liable and should pay for this repair. With this being a new model, I'm concerned this will be happening to others.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Mar 092018

C-HR

I just purchased the new 2018 chr. Driving home and car engine had a burning odor with exhaust fumes, and the engine shimmied. I pulled over as I thought the tire was flat. I went home and got my son. He checked the engine and it was over heated. I had only driven the new car 60 miles in 2 weeks. We drove to Toyota and all I could smell was a carbon monoxide odor in the car with exhaust fumes. I felt like I was going to pass out. The car is with Toyota for the weekend. I am filing this report, in case other car owners of chr have the same problem. A recall should be issued as this car has only been driven a total of 85 miles. It should not have exhaust fume, burning odor smells going into the cabin which almost caused me to pass out. It could have caused an accident.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Feb 222018

C-HR

The vehicle will not start. The following error messages appear simultaneously when trying to start the vehicle "brake override malfunction. Visit your dealer", drive-start control malfunction.visit your dealer", "engine oil pressure low", "engine coolant temperature high. Stop in a safe place. See owner's manual". the vehicle has less than 5100 miles. The vehicle was parked for more than 2 hours (after a 35 miles drive) in my driveway in southern California. Temperatures were in the high 40's/low 50's.

- Upland, CA, USA

Jun 012017

C-HR

Driver door lock does not consistantly unlock when closing the trunk or using the wireless remote. Left store pushed unlock and all locks unlocked except for drivers door has happened 12 times since May 31 2017 Toyota diagnosed but cant find the issue due to intermittent times have 7 people that can verify this has happened. Car was stationary and on parking areas and driveways

- Tallahassee, FL, USA