Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

Aug 012019

Previously submitted

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Aug 012019

Camry

Takata recall, my car has been shooting ice from the vents on the passenger side and sometimes the driver side. Also, when the green eco light comes on the car starts shaking. Iżve have several diagnostic test done on the car and there are no codes appearing. This typically happens when the vehicle is in motion and sometimes when I start the car if the ac was on before I briefly turn it off. As far as the shaking it only does it when the eco light comes on and then the light will flicker and turn off and immediately the car will stop vibrating.

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Jul 012019

Camry

The front passenger and rear driver door locks/unlocks intermittently. Sometimes, I have to lock/unlock manually, other times it works with the key fob. There is no rhyme, reason or pattern to when it does or doesn't work. The doors normally lock when I shift out of park, it now does it intermittently as well. I have checked the fuse, switch, and wiring. They are all in good working order. When I push the lock button, both doors click, but do not always lock/unlock.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jun 032019

Camry

Takata recall the driver door is not locking or unlocking when button is pushed on the remote or any buttons in the car at any time. The only way to lock or unlock is to use the key in the door or to manually lock and unlock actual lock. It's not safe as the car sounds as if it's locking but the drivers door is not and gives the opportunity for someone to get in my car that is not to be in my car. Has been on and off since about January 2019 but stopped working 6/3/2019.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

May 012019

Camry

When locking my vehicle with the key fob all doors lock except passenger side so I have to lock it manually. When unlocking the vehicle with the key fob the passenger side will not unlock. I have to climb in through the drivers side or the rear seat to unlock the passenger door. This is a safety concern incase I need to access this door in a hurry. This also applies when using the locks manually. This vehicle only has 107,000 mile on it.

- King, NC, USA

Jul 012018

Camry

No sound in radio/cd/bluetooth/phone but the infotainment screen works

- Englewood, CO, USA

Jun 292018

Camry

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. The contact stated that the doors failed to lock and unlock from inside or outside the vehicle. In addition, the interior lighting failed. There were no warning indicators illuminated and the failures were intermittent. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000.

- Terrell, TX, USA

Mar 272018

Camry

Takata recall - purchased car in 2015. Took to Toyota dealership to have the perform dot recall completed. And check to see why car does not have ac or the outside temp display does not register. One day summer of 2017 car turned on but the climate control would not illuminate. And could not adjust the temp of fan speed. Turned car off, then back on 2 times. Then the climate control illuminated, but I no longer had ac. And cannot change the fan speed. Car was parked in residence parking lot when issue occurred. Quoted $10,487 plus tax to begin repairs. Need 2 electrical harnesses and A/ac amplifier to begin repairs. Needing parts # 82115 -06F30, 82121-06C80, & 88650 - 06501. Total cost to begin repairs $ 10.487 plus tax. This is not a guaranteed fix but is a must starting point. Due to both harnesses having too must resistance found 15 codes stored in 8 different systems. 6 codes current and 9 are history. Many can be related but further diagnostic is required. Found short to ground on one circuit but need further diagnostic to determine exact location. Ambient temp sensor short to ground I77 pin

- Pennsgrove, NJ, USA

Jul 162018

Camry

Power car locks won't open or close when using the switches or the remote key. Car alarm won't activate because the doors won't lock. Also, the driver switch does not unlock the rear door anymore. This could be a real danger if you have a small child in the rear seat and need to get them out in a hurry.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

May 072018

Camry

Driving car and I was stopped at intersection on a foggy morning about 6:15 am. Went to turn right at intersection and saw what I thought was a dense amount of fog flow across the front of my car. As I drove down the road, I smelled something burning, saw some smoke from under the front hood. An alarm went of and my dash displayed the warning hybrid system malfunction. Then fire started coming out from under the hood and up along the front windshield. I was just passing a gas station at the time so I continue to drive down pass the gas station and then pulled the car over to the side of the road and existed the car. The nearest fire company was out on a call, so the car continued to burn for about 30 minutes. As a result the entire front half of the car was completing burnt. Had no problems with the car prior to this fire. In fact, I drove it 176 miles the night before the fire. Learned after I existed the car while it was on fire, that a driver coming up the road behind me after I turned at the intersection, noticed sparks and/or flames shooting out from under my car. She was flashing her headlights at me, but I did not notice her.

- Philipsburg, PA, USA

Dec 282017

Camry

Takata recall. Vehicle was stationary, car would not start, received some electrical codes when went to local shop (merchant auto and tire, md). Car was parked and next time, when trying to start did not start. Battery is good. I had passenger side seat airbag recall fixed about 6 months back (early part of 2017)

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 182013

Camry

Car totaled in severe accident after ownership of eight months. Airbags did not deploy. I was driving South on mcloughlin blvd in portland or and my Toyota was struck from behind by a Chrysler with such force that it hit several other cars (believe the police officer said 6.)

- Vancouver, WA, USA

May 152013

Camry

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. While attempting to open and close the moon roof, it failed to open and close. The vehicle was taken to lithia Toyota of medford (1420 N riverside ave, medford, or 97501) where the dealer stated that the failure was caused by the weather. The dealer later stated that the switch could be faulty, but did not diagnose or repair the vehicle. The contact also stated that the doors failed to lock on various occasions. The contact spoke with lithia Toyota of medford who stated that the BCM needed to be replaced, but did not diagnose or repair the vehicle. While driving 45 mph, the tail lights failed to work. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where an unspecified electrical issue was diagnosed. The contact spoke with lithia Toyota of medford who stated that they would inspect the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that they could not assist. The approximate failure mileage was 7,000.

- Grants Pass, OR, USA

Jan 052017

Camry

I am having problems with my door lock actuators. I have had the front two replaced. Now the two rear doors are not working appropriately. When I go to use the keyless entry the locks do not respond at all. I have to unlock them manually. I feel like this is a problem that I should not be having with this car.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Jan 242017

Camry

The passenger's side front door lock actuator failed on my 2012 Toyota Camry for the second time. It would not lock or unlock mechanically and had to be manually locked or unlocked. It failed previously less than two years ago. I have had three other door lock actuator failures, totaling five door lock actuator failures on the same vehicle. Toyota refuses to acknowledge there is an issue with this part.

May 152015

Camry

The passenger's side front door lock actuator failed on my 2012 Toyota Camry. It would not lock or unlock mechanically and had to be manually locked or unlocked. It failed again less than two years later. I have had three other door lock actuator failures, totaling five door lock actuator failures on the same vehicle. Toyota refuses to acknowledge there is an issue with this part.

May 152015

Camry

The driver's side rear door lock actuator failed on my 2012 Toyota Camry. It would not lock or unlock mechanically and had to be manually locked or unlocked. I have had four other door lock actuator failures, totaling five door lock actuator failures on the same vehicle. Toyota refuses to acknowledge there is an issue with this part.

Mar 032015

Camry

The driver's side front door lock actuator failed on my 2012 Toyota Camry for the second time. It would not lock or unlock mechanically and had to be manually locked or unlocked. It had previously failed less than two years earlier. I have had three other door lock actuator failures, totaling five door lock actuator failures on the same vehicle. Toyota refuses to acknowledge there is an issue with this part.

Mar 262013

Camry

The driver's side front door lock actuator failed on my 2012 Toyota Camry. It would not lock or unlock mechanically and had to be manually locked or unlocked. It was replaced under warranty. It failed again less than two years later. I have had three other door lock actuator failures, totaling five door lock actuator failures on the same vehicle. Toyota refuses to acknowledge there is an issue with this part.

Nov 092016

Camry

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. While driving 30 mph, the steering wheel seized and the electrical power steering, lower engine oil, charging system warning, and malfunction lamp indicators illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart after the vehicle was recharged by another vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 88,000.

- Dallas, TN, USA