7.0

Most common solutions:

2. replace transmission (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

Jul 192018

Camry SE 2.5L

I was very upset when I had my first issues starting around 102000 miles and it was noted that my car needed an update, so I got it done. Then it started slipping again around 105000 miles took it to the dealership and still noted it was an update needed and the prior company I took it to did not notate my car issues. Now at 124777 miles my car began to do the same issues and I was told I need a new transmission....very mad! I bought a Toyota because of its track record and now I paid more money for a car that did not last very long.

- Trish T., Denver, CO, US

Jan 272018

Camry LE V4

Toyota’s aren’t really known for these kinds of issues but I did enjoy the car before this started. Hopefully someone else can take this as a note of caution before buying this year (2012) of Camry.

- Que L., Atlanta, US

Jan 042017

Camry SE V4

My Camry is grinding on acceleration between 20mph and 50mph. From what I've read about the 2012, it's the transmission converter and will cost $3k+. I bought a Camry to avoid this kind of problem, looks like Toyota let me down on this one. Oh, and the power locks haven't worked for over 2 years.

- Jason F., Lexington, KY, US

Jan 282016

Camry LE 4 cyl

Scary that this is a low mileage car and it hints at transmission trouble. SPREAD THE WORD. And stop Toyota from skating on its reputation.

- naraja, Lakewood, CA, US