Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Toyota Camry:

Nov 112017

Camry

Windshield difficult to see out of while driving into the sun. There are light colored speckles throughout the windshield that make it difficult to see through whenever we are driving directly into the sun. It's called "windshield delamination" but they feel that this comes from rocks and sand hitting the windshield. We noticed it the very first day we drove the vehicle home and the first time we brought it in for service, the service writer said it was normal and wouldn't even write it on the invoice. We feel that Toyota needs to take responsibility for their defective windshield instead of making excuses that all windshields have this safety problem after a little while. This way we will be able to see more clearly out of the windshield whenever we must drive into the sun.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 012018

Camry

The issues that I have with the power train is that when the car slows down & has to accelerate quickly or when you come to a complete stop & take off the car hesitates to go. It somewhat stalls & is very dangerous especially in city traffic trying to cross a busy street & then you stall with oncoming traffic coming towards you!! you can sometimes press the gas pedal to the floor & it still won't take off like it should & then when it catches the car jerks & then accelerates. Crazy huh? I don't like it. I have taken my car back to the dealership 3 times & every time they say it's the way the new transmission is made in the 2018 models & it's nothing they can do. But it happens everyday at some point of my driving trip. This is a very dangerous issue & Toyota needs to fix the problem & take this serious before someone really gets hurt. With the visibility or wipers, when it rains really hard the visibility is terrible...wipers on high & defrost on it's still just terrible!! Toyota we can do better than this now!!

- Kinston, NC, USA

Nov 162018

Camry

I live in MA, apon a early November sleet my car dash lit up like a christmas tree. Disabling my anti crash system with lights going and not being able to see I almost crashed. I made an appointment for six month service at 3850 miles on car set for day after vacation. I took car in to Toyota. Explained problems and told them transmission is rough. They came back to me telling me there is a recall for transmission.. I left car at hyannis Toyota expecting to receive car back that day. Service rep called me at 530 telling me that since the day I drove off the lot there are 9 pages of defaults. Claiming driver errors. First it's a recall, but later in day driver error. I am 60 years old and this is my 5th lease with them. I do know how to drive and on cape cod in summer I sit in traffic most of the time. The situation with sleet was driving about 20mph on local streets. That was explained by service rep that sensors are sensitive and dirt, heavy rain and snow can cause anti crash systems to deactivate. And all you have to do is turn engine off and apon restart the system will reactivate itself.between the transmission self acclaimed recall and now called driver error. When you need anti crash system, the odds of it not working are pretty good as explained by service rep. I just want my can repaired and safe.the date is approx

- South Yarmouth, MA, USA

Oct 242018

Camry

There was no accident. I am reporting a dangerously distracting condition with regard to the side view mirrors, especially bad on a sunny day. Namely, the shiny chrome dash board air vents are reflected onto the driver's side window and are superimposed on the driver's side view mirror. The same problem is seen by the driver when viewing the passenger's side view mirror.

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Sep 252018

Camry

Both side view mirrors prevent an unobstructed view because of interior shiny metallic trim around the ac vents that reflect into the field of view of both side view mirrors

- Long Beach, NY, USA

Aug 012018

Camry

The contact owns a 2018 Toyota Camry. While operating the vehicle, the transmission shifter would erratically downshift and up shift, and the engine rpms would rev very high. While pulling into a parking space, the vehicle suddenly accelerated and crashed into a second vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer (Toyota of grand rapids, 2555 28th St. SE, grand rapids mi) and the transmission was reprogrammed, but the failures continued. In addition, while operating the vehicle with the air conditioner activated, the windows inside the vehicle would fog up and create a visibility hazard. The cause of the failures was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 1,000.

- Comstock Park, MI, USA

May 072018

Camry

While driving, rear view mirror visibility on both sides obstructs clear view for the length of the car to the driver. The interior chrome on the dashboard cast a shadow on the mirrors. At night, visibility is further impaired by the lights from cars behind the 2018 Camry, further complicating matters. Issues reported to dealer on 8/1/18. Dealer did not detect problem. Service rep. At dealer suggested that "I cover the chrome with velvet stripes." I contacted the manufactory in plano, case. #1808070542 Texas. Issues reviewed again by arlington, Toyota jacksonville, fl. As requested by service rep. From Texas, on 8/07/18. Only received a decision made on 8/20/18. Nothing would be done. For safety reasons, I am not satisfied with that decision.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 172018

Camry

The wiper's top speed is insufficient to adequately clear even a moderate rainfall at 35 mph and above

- Midlothian, VA, USA