Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Toyota Highlander:

May 102019

Highlander

In the back of the car, the rear light covers stick out about 3 inches, the edges are as sharp as a keen knife (photos attached). When I unload stuff from the trunk, it often hurts me. I have tried to be very careful. I also reminded my teenage son with caution. However, it sticks out too much and is too sharp. It is hard to avoid. It keeps hurting. For example, three months ago, on an evening it was dark and raining, at a costco parking lot, when I uploaded groceries onto the car, my right arm and joint were suddenly hit by this sharp cutting edge of the rear light cover. The keen edge cut my arm, and the stick out part badly hurt my joint (photos attached). I could not raise my arm. Three months have passed; however, my joint is still paining. I went to jim coleman dealer and pointed out the danger part in the rear. I had their managers and staff to feel by putting their hands on the keen edge. They all admitted it is bad design and easy to injure people. But they said they could not do anything about it. I asked if they could report incidents/cases to manufacturers, and have it improved. They said they sell cars only. I randomly took photos of other made of cars (photos attached). None of them stick out a knife likes Highlander. It is a nightmare when using this Highlander daily.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Jul 122017

Highlander

The headlight projection is sharply cut off at the top. When entering a dip in the road there is no illumination at the far side uphill. The dealer adjusted them, now there is a lack of acceptable light immediately in front on flat roads

- San Jose, CA, USA