7.5

$3,230

Most common solutions:

1. replace master cylinder (2 reports)
  3. replace brake booster and actuator (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Prius:

Dec 312018

Prius TWO Hybrid

The following lights came up on my dash (traction, brake, and abs). I went to the dealership and they tell me the code C1391 and that the brake booster and actuator needs to be replaced. It has to do with the braking system and if you look up recalls, guess what? The year prior (2010) had a massive recall vehicle had the recall. I spoke to Toyota and they tell me that the parts involved with this error code has a 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty. They know this is a big problem because prior generations have had the same issues and have been recalled. Toyota is avoiding responsibility for a issue that DOES exist.

- Orlando S., Orlando, US

Dec 182018

Prius

• CVT transmission

Brake/Trac/ABS lights on. Sometimes the lights go out and the brakes are fine, but most of the time my dash is lit up like Christmas. Spongy pedal. No ABS. No Traction Control. Definite safety hazard. Caused an accident - Someone stopped short in front of me so I had to slam on brakes... my brakes locked up and sent me sliding into a concrete barrier. My first accident ever, and I'm 38. Tough little car. Still driving it. Don't have the money to fix the damage and definitely don't have $3000+ to fix the brake issue. Pray for me.

- Jamey D., Lexington, US

Oct 192015

Prius Limited hybrid

• CVT transmission

Brakes quit suddenally. Had to pump brake to get intermittent breaking. Definite safety hazard. Brake cylinder assembly replaced for $3049.09. This was a recall on 2010 Prius but not for the 2011 model . Had 59,000 miles

- jimtripp, Navarre, FL, USA

Aug 072015

Prius

At 42,000 miles this part should not have failed. It's of course out of warranty but at a cost of 3,400 dollars parts and labor to replace the master cylinder a part that would run $300 to $400 on any other vehicle I would warn anyone considering a Prius to buy different car. The master cylinder part alone costs $2,400 from Toyota. The Toyota rep just blew me off when I asked if he could do anything for me. I've been a Toyota customer since 1985, next time I buy I'll go to Honda.

- Jerry W., Santa Fe, NM, USA