8.0

Most common solutions:

1. repaint vehicle (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota RAV4:

Oct 032018

RAV4 Limited

click to see larger images

paint is coming off

Opened a case with Toyota - got the same "we've never heard of this issue" response. Started a Facebook page to try to organize all these various forums into one place to get their attention. Join me!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/288416678661392/

- Brain N., Raleigh, US

May 012018

RAV4

click to see larger images

paint is coming off

I have never seen paint fall off from a vehicle before! I have owned many vehicles over the years and while rust happens in central NY, I can HONESTLY tell you I have never had paint just fall off a car! I took it to the dealer- Romano Body Shop in Syracuse and was treated poorly by the woman behind the desk. She had told me I did not need an appointment and to just bring it over 2 Fridays ago and a body expert would be available to look at it. So I did. I got there and there was no one to look at it. Instead, this woman with a snarky attitude came out to look at my 2013 Rav4- walked around it and told me I had to call the 800# in the back of the book and there was nothing they could do for me. I asked her to point the number out for me in the book and she in a SNIDE tone said- well I would have to look for it too! I am so disappointed in Toyota- this was my first and last purchase! Toyota obviously does not car about their customers. So I took it to a body paint expert and he investigated and discovered the paint was poorly applied at the factory- showing me signs of proof. I know there is a recall for 2015- I think it would behoove Toyota to go back and look at this year too!

disgusted in central new york

- mawillsee, Homer, NY, USA

Jan 152018

RAV4 Limited

Just below base of passenger side front window, paint began flecking off down to gray primer. Had not been in accident or dented by another object. Same thing in front of the sunroof on roof. Nothing damaged it just is flecking off. Both have grown to about 3" x 3". Other areas where paint had been chipped all have begun to fleck off with no adhesion and these are along the sides and front and hood of vehicle. St Charles Toyota Dealer said Toyota has offered me $1,500 to repair but their preferred body shop says it will be at least $3-4,000. Then Dealer rep in service said that if I could find someone else to repaint / repair then St Charles Toyota would ante up $1,500. Very reputable body shop in area told be that just painting it would be a waste of time unless stripped down and repainted. Also that this was a "Goodwill" gesture as it is not normally covered.My next step is to contact Dealer-Owner although I am not anticipating anything other than an offer to buy my car and to buy a new one. I paid cash for mine with extended warranty. The paint color may have some significance as it is Pearl White.

How is that for my 1st Toyota Experience??

- Robert H., St Charles, IL, USA