Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Toyota Tundra:

Sep 202017

Tundra

Integrated brake controller. Tsb T-sb-0231-17 and T-sb-0231-16 performed with negative results. Unable to perform set up of controller according to owners manual. Dealer submitted a drp awaiting Toyota Corp. To investigate. Toyota Corp. Has no other fix for this controller. Toyota Corp. Said ibc works as designed. Ibc will not stop trailer safely.

- Semmes, AL, USA

Aug 042017

Tundra

The onboard intigrated trailer break controller does not work with all electric break trailers. Works on manual trailer break application but not effective enough with vehicle breaks. This is very dangerous. During a panic stop the trailer breaks do not come on like they do with an after market break controller like a tekonsha P3 progressive break controller. This dangerous situation needs to be addressed with a software recall to make the electric break mose more responsive. How many accidents does it take for the ntsb to take action. Go online and read all the negative forums.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Jul 082017

Tundra

On July 8, 2017 we had just purchased a new 2017 Tundra. We tow a 24 ft. Rv trailer and we purchased this vehicle for that reason. One of the features this vehicle has is the integrated brake control system for towing. As we were headed home on state hwy. 42 near coos bay, Oregon, I noticed blue smoke coming from the rear of the pickup. I wasn't sure what happened. I stopped as soon as I could and I couldn't locate the cause of the smoke. I later learned there has been many consumer complaints regarding the faultiness of this integrated brake system controller. I want this issue fixed so I can be assured of a safe trip when towing my rv trailer without the fear of having no trailer brakes when I need them or having them lock up for no reason. Thank you

- Roseburg, OR, USA

Jun 242017

Tundra

Trailer brake controller not functioning when brake pedal applied, gain makes no difference in braking. Twice I have had to make an emergency stop and felt no braking from the trailer.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Apr 042017

Tundra

Integrated trailer brake controller doesn't apply adequate voltage to trailer brakes. At 100% gain brakes barely work with an empty trailer. Brakes should lock up at 100% gain. Towing any load is dangerous without trailer brakes. Dealership had no fix or remedies. I haven't had any situations because I know I shouldn't drive it without trailer brakes. I bought a truck to tow my camper, flat trailer and boat. A$47,000 truck should be able to tow.

- Marissa, IL, USA

Jan 012017

Tundra

Trailer integrated brake controller (ibc) does not work correctly. Using setting for "electric brakes" on multi display indicator (mdi) will not stop trailer with dual axle disc brakes. Very poor performance with gain turned to max. Work around is to select "electric over hydraulic" on mdi and adjust gain output.

- Slc, UT, USA

Feb 122017

Tundra

Integrated brake controller does not operate trailer brakes in relationship to brake pedal pressure. Completely inadequate to use and a serious potential for an accident while towing trailer, camper, etc.

- Charles Town, WV, USA

Oct 232016

Tundra

While backing out of a parking spot, this vehicle failed to stop when I placed my foot on the brakes causing the vehicle to hit another parked vehicle. When the police office commanded me to remove my vehicle and park it inside a parking spot, the brakes failed to stop the vehicle again, leading to another auto accident.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA