8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Venza:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.

May 092017

Venza

Driving in clear weather, 5-10 miles/hour, daytime and coming up to a place I needed to stop. Hit the brakes, no brakes, saw a warning light flash, slowed vehicle with parking brake and thought maybe my foot slipped under the brake pedal, just an annoyance.

Happened a second time with almost fatal consequences on June 13th, reported in earlier description.

- William W., Reno, US

Feb 262012

Venza

On Sunday (26 February 2012) I was traveling at speed and had to apply the brakes. They held for about 2 seconds and then the "fun" started. The car would not stop and slow rolled thru an intersection. I could hear the ABS system pulsating but that was all that was taking place. No warning lights came on and fortunately no accident happened. I called the dealer yesterday and they took a look and said that all systems were functioning as they should. The Venza is a great car, but I have seen a couple of blogs where others have experienced the same issue. But the real rub was the maintenance tech telling me that it was obvious that I didn't know how to drive an ABS car. Well, we have the car back and I hope that all is weel. Another road trip this weekend will give us ground truth. I invite others to share if you have experienced the same or similar problem.

- lax_daddb, Leesburg, VA, US