8.0

$6,000

Most common solutions:

1. replace transmission (4 reports)
  2. replace module/reset computer (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Volkswagen dealer.

Mar 032017

Jetta Hybrid

Won't enter into gear. Happened suddenly. Time consuming to get the parts.

- Sungjoon B., Baltimore, MD, US

Mar 192019

Jetta Hybrid

June of 2018 my Jetta Hybrid was "pulling" when I drove it and having problems accelerating. The dealership let me know the transmission had been recalled and was covered. 4 months later in October it had the same problem as my car started "pulling" and not accelerating. It was again diagnosed as a problem with the transmission and they were finally able to fix it after being at the dealership for a month.

Now in March of this year, the same "pulling" happened as I exited the highway and the car completely stalled on the access road in rush hour traffic. The dealership replaced the transmission AGAIN. Three times I have felt my safety and my child's safety have been in jeopardy over the last 9 months. So incredibly upset with this purchase and disheartened by the product Volkswagen has put out to consumers.

At this point I am considering filing a lawsuit to receive some compensation for what is obviously a lemon of a car.

- Stephanie B., Little Elm, TX, US

Apr 162018

Jetta Hybrid VW

This is the second VW car I purchased. The first one we had to deal with the scam VW had with their diesel cars. This car was a brand new 2013 hybrid Jetta. We purchased a extended warranty with car. As soon as the warranty expired the transmission died, and they never explained why, they just kept on saying " its an unfortunate event". I had to take it to separate dealerships because each dealership only has one hybrid tech.

Finally 401 Dixie VW was able to diagnose my problem saying that the transmission needs to be replaced and its going to cost me about $4000.00. I gave them the go ahead ant they said it should take a couple of days for it to come in. That was May 31st its now July 5th 2018 and they still cant give me an update! I have been without a car since mid April, so I ended up renting a car which has cost me over $1000. They can't give me a date when my part will come in because it's on national back order from VW manufacture and they don't know when I can get it. When I called customer relations they refused to reimburse me for my rental fee because its out of warranty, which I get but now I have to pay for more money because they don't have the parts in stock.

What I don't understand is why I should have to pay out of my pocket because they can manufacture enough parts. I mean come one it's been over 2 months I have ad no car!!! Their customer service is disgusting.

- mosmer, Oakville, ON, Canada

Feb 022016

Jetta Hybrid SEL 1.4L Hybrid

This car was repaired under a 2013 recall for transmission problems, but, the problem occurred anyway. Hewlett VW in Georgetown TX said it will cost at least $6000 to repair. The car never has made the MPG promised now it won't move. No replacement transmission in the US currently, will have to be shipped from Europe. Apparently VW searches salvage yards and buys up the wrecked units before they can be parted out.

- Erich G., Rolla, KS, US

Apr 152015

Jetta Hybrid SE 1.4L

Had to have vehicle towed (under my insurance) to dealer for fix which took three days. Dealer stated they had never dealt with the problem before and needed to consult VW US.

- garyinaz, Glendale, AZ, US