Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid:

Dec 012018

Jetta Hybrid

Before 60,000 miles car began to buck when accelerating and decelerating, by the time I brought it in for service it was 240 miles over warranty so they would not repair it. I was told clutch 1 and 2 reached there tolerance levels. When it first started happening, it did not appear to be anything, no indicator lights or warnings appeared on dash. It did not happen all the time and did not occur when maintaining speed.

- Lake Grove, NY, USA

Mar 232019

Jetta Hybrid

The car developed some hesitancy when shifting from electric to gas. The dealer said it wasn't "throwing codes" so it was fine. Two days later I was making a uturn on a 40 mph street and the drive died - engine/motor working, no forward motion, with cars coming at me. I was able to drift into a parking lot. The dealership replaced the mechatronic (the same problem they had a recall for other VIN, not mine.) one year later, I was driving out of a neighborhood street from a stop sign, and when I took my foot off of the gas it drifted backwards, which it normally will not do. When I put my foot on the gas - no forward motion. There was no one behind me, so I tried putting it in park then drive - no joy. Then I turned the car all of the way off, waited three minutes, then turned it back on - it worked. I drove it straight to the dealership. "it's not throwing any codes." They have had it for two weeks and can't reproduce the problem, and meanwhile I have no car. They say the car is "operating as designed, " and I think that's the problem. "as designed" means "with risk of catastrophic failure at any given moment." I contacted VW usa - they assigned me a customer care rep. They can't do anything except interface with the service people at the dealership. I addressed the design and safety issue with the customer care rep, and they said they rely on the service depts at the dealerships. I'm concerned that no one is looking at the big picture here. This car is not safe, and the main reason this hasn't become a big issue is because not many of them were sold. They stopped making them after two years - wise decision.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 192018

Jetta Hybrid

2014 Jetta hybrid doesn't accelerate past 25-30 mph causing a high rev and in this case a jerk foward if the turbo was activated causing a collision with a Chevy Tahoe the SUVS towing wrench to crumple our hood and more damage to front end of our vehicle on other days before the accident our vehicle would put off the sthe overwhelming smell of transmission fluid almost as if a skunk was under our car

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jun 122018

Jetta Hybrid

The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta hybrid. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle inadvertently shifted gears and jerked. The vehicle was taken to stone mountain Volkswagen (3500 stone mountain hwy, snellville, ga 30078) where it was diagnosed that the transmission and the hybrid (E machine) failed. The contact stated that the dealer was to contact the manufacturer to verify if the repairs would be covered under the warranty. The contact did not notify the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 64,532.

- Florence, SC, USA

Apr 052018

Jetta Hybrid

The braking ability varies depending if the battery is being charged or not. The pressure applied to the brake pedal depends on the battery charge and not the pressure on the pedal. Engine fails to engage on a steep slope causing the vehicle to roll backwards. This happens frequently when the engine is cold. The engine will not warm up to operating temperature if the hybrid motor is engaged

- Bremerton, WA, USA