Most common solutions:

2. replace engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan:

Sep 112017

Tiguan SEL 2.0L

I took my car in for the 100,000 mile checkup, everything was great, but within 2 months my engine started knocking. A couple of days later my check engine light came on. According to the image showing, the diagnostic was "there could be an emission problem" so i thought it best to take it to the VW specialist repair shop and avoid the dealer who'd "just" handed it back to me and told me everything was ok. They pulled it up on the car rack and KER-PLUNK, the drive chain broke.

I'd taken my car in on schedule for all of the oil changes, following the 10,000 mile recommendation in the VW user's manual. The VW shop said they'd found out VW recommends an oil change every 5,000 miles rather than the recommended 10,000 as stated in the book. I'd followed the maintenance schedule and treated my car with care; i drive approximately 200 miles/ week; and it failed at 102,000 miles. I'm sorely disappointed.

At the time of this entry, my car is still in the shop and we're awaiting the final fix. Last estimate is $7,000, but that was before they had planned on taking the engine out 3 times to figure out why it's still clunking after they replaced the drive chain. Their suggestion was i purchase a new car. REALLY?! We're supposed to just toss our cars after 100,000 and invest in new ones? They should NOT break this fast.

- , Birmingham, US

May 212015

Tiguan 2L

Owners of VW Tiguan are needed for an action to Volkswagen Corporation USA and Volkswagen Corporation Germany of Tiguan 2009 and other years for faulty roof drain hose.

Faulty roof drain caused a flood in the vehicle floor that caused an engine failure, a failure of the computer system, and as a result a total loss of the car in my case.

- , Wynnewood, PA, US