4.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Acura TLX:

Nov 062019

TLX

From a stopped position, moving forward my vehicle hesitated and decreased in power and the gas pedal did not help moving the vehicle forward. This happened in the middle of the intersection for several seconds 10-15 before the vehicle started moving forward again. From a moving position, I was going around a right-hand slight curve going approximately 45-50 mhp and the vehicle failed to keep power, speed decreased, and then began working again after several scary seconds. The main problem I have is when accelerating, the fuel seems like it is not processed correctly to allow my vehicle to accelerate. This is a dangerous mechanical issue that has happened more than ten times. I have contacted the dealership but they said my VIN was not in the listing of recalls. I am clearly having the same problems as many other Acura Tlx owners. Additionally, when I push the start button it did not start the vehicle. This has happened 3 times as of Nov 2019. My vehicle should be listed with the recalled listing of other 2016 Tlx Acura vehicles.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 022019

TLX

Again, while driving approximately 75 mph on interstate all error codes on dashboard (mil) lit up and the car began to feel as if the transmission was not engaged as if I was in neutral and the engine began loosing power. The speed began decreasing, but then would catch for a few seconds. The gear indicated that it was in drive. I pulled off the interstate & parked. I waited a few minutes & restarted and tried to re-engage in drive to see if it reset itself as it has done in the past just 7 weeks prior, however it just revved up. I called road side assistance and had it towed to nearest dealer an hour away as again the mechanical break down occurred while I was traveling in between cities. The next morning, the dealer was able to retrieve the error codes and said that the transmission needed another software update to repair the issue, the computer was reset. While driving home the transmission became jumpy again around 3rd gear. I contacted my local dealership and made them aware of my safety concerns for the car as again, my entire family (husband, kids and dogs) were in the car and felt as if this could have resulted in horrible accident had I not safely navigated off of the interstate while at such a high speed with heavy holiday traffic. This error has displayed for times and each time there was a different solution to the problem besides having 2 transmission updates, bad battery cell and replaced push button gear assembly. I have documented all incidents and reported to dealership as well as Acura corporate. I currently have appointment for next week so that their service adviser can try and replicate this intermittent problem to determine what the error is. I've made them aware that this is a dangerous mechanical issue that not only puts me and my passengers in danger but possibly other cars, but was assured I do not need a rental until it can be seen again.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Aug 162019

TLX

Takata recall it was around 7:30 am I was driving my kids to school and I felt like I slightly lost control of my vehicle and like it was slipping somehow. Next thing I know the steering wheel is crooked and almost every warning lights have turned on and I started getting all the warning sounds describing more warinings than I could check on the second page on this incident report. I barely bought my Acura a few months ago so IżM very shocked be having such a scary incident so fast. I thought Acura's were dependable reliable cars that would keep me and more importantly my children safe. I felt so scared for the safety of my children. It was even more upsetting to find that this same situation on the same brand of Acura's has happened before to more than 1 person on youtube! what is Acura waiting for on a recall. You would think they wouldnżT want any lawsuits when someone gets hurt. Please help turn this into a recall before lives are lost. Thank you

- Porterville, CA, USA

Aug 022019

TLX

2016 Acura Tlx 39,462 miles on odometer. The engine lost power. The warning light displayed parking brake system malfunction, emission system malfunction. After 3 times shutting off and turning on the power button, the condition went back to normal.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Aug 012019

TLX

This vehicle has had repeated battery failures. I had to have a battery replaced in this car less than a year ago and yesterday, the new battery died again. I was at the gas station getting gas and when I tried to start the vehicle, all of the lights started flickering with a loud repetitive clicking sound and the vehicle would not start. I had to call Acura roadside assistance who sent out a aaa tow driver. The tow driver said that he has had about 80 calls for this type of vehicle just this year alone and all of them have had battery issues. Acura should issue a recall for these defective batteries. I have the vehicle at an Acura dealer for the 2nd time in a year to have the battery replaced. The vehicle is still fairly new with only 46,000 miles.

- Fresno, TX, USA

Jun 192019

TLX

On several occasions, the driver side window does not and will not close. Window rolls up closed then immediately rolls back down. Nothing is blocking the window or stuck in the tracks. Does this a few times then finally closes. Only occurs when switch is pulled all the way for auto closing. Additionally, on a few occasions, when I make left turns, the front passenger window rolled up by itself.

- Daly City, CA, USA

Oct 012018

TLX

Vehicle does not start. Total electric failure. Not a battery problem per dealer. Still at dealership.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Nov 152017

TLX

Driving on the expressway at 70 mph, the car starts sputtering then decelerated, it would not accelerate even while pressing the gas pedal. I pulled off to the emergency lane and the lights started flickering, warning lights appeared "check hill start assist system", "check emission system", "check power steering system", "check brake hold system", "check brake system", and "check parking brake system". after sitting in the emergency lane after about 30 seconds, the car shut off. Extremely dangerous situation. It was diagnosed as a battery with a dead cell. Amazingly, of all the lights that illuminated, I never received any warning that I had dead battery. The battery light did not come on until the other warning lights came on. This happened at 35,246. This is the second time the car has been at the service center in less than 10 months.

- Humble, TX, USA

Sep 262016

TLX

The contact owns a 2016 Acura Tlx. The contact was unable to unlock the front driver side door from inside the vehicle. The contact had to exit the vehicle from the outside door handle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Naperville, IL, USA