9.3

$8,890

Most common solutions:

1. replace engine (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Audi A4:

Oct 092017

A4 Premium 2.0t

I purchased a slightly used 2013 A4, 20K miles. As I was driving from the gym to my home at about 35mph, I felt the car losing power, then check engine light. I continued driving the next half mile to home. I used my own check engine device and I get engine misfire codes. I was thinking it could be a bad spark plug. I called the dealer and he asked me to bring it over to check. The nearest dealer was 100 miles away, so I towed there and waited for diagnosis.

They found that a broken piston ring was causing chamber low pressure. The only solution is replace the entire engine, because it's cheaper than trying to repair. The engine would cost $13,000 including install!! My heart dropped that moment. Luckily I found that I have a third party extended warranty. The fight with the third party took about three months to convince them about the issue because they wanted the dealer to open the engine so they can see the root cause of the failure. I denied the request because if they open the engine end they end up denying the repair for any reason, I will have to pay the man hour for it.

After persistence, they decided to replace my engine with a used engine that they sent to the dealer, so I was okay with it since I just need the car on the road and I intended to sell it anyway.

I paid $100 deductibles and took my car. After driving the car for few days I started noticing clicking noise when I push the gas a little hard. After couple weeks I traded it for Toyota. NO MORE AUDI! as much as i love them

- Simo E., Safford, AZ, US

Sep 172015

A4 Premium 2.0L T

$8,978 was the cost of the last 2.0 Turbo engine Replacement about 5 months ago. I went with a Used engine with 9,000 miles on it, and I've put about 25,000 miles on that engine. It was fine for the first 10,000 miles then starting using oil.

Just like the last one.

I am a Public Relations Nightmare for Audi USA. I see young high income demographic buyers all day long and they ask me how I like my Audi. I tell them, and they decide not to buy one. See my previous posting about the first engine replacement.

I am looking at an additional $9,000 - $15,000 engine replacement cost on a 2 year old car I still owe $22,000 on and will have about $25,000 into 2 engine replacements in a year's time.

So I am wedded to Audi for a while. Wait until I get going with an Audi Engines Suck website. Search Engine optimized of Course, so it comes up in the top 5 or 10 every search on all search engines.

- Randall L., Orinda, US

Mar 102015

A4 Premium 2.0L T

Audi has had a known problem with PISTON RINGS for a long, long time, as in, many years. Other websites claim a 1 in 27 engine failure rate, by the Auto Warranty writers, for the Audi High Compression engines with Turbo's..

The 2.0 Turbo is an engine Audi and Volkswagen are putting in many, many cars and SUVs. The 2.0 T in this car has now had it's second engine failure due to rings, in a year, and I am going in to the dealer to discuss it. It's out of warranty, was just barely out of warranty when it failed the first time, and will require a complete engine replacement.

Further, I am a public relations nightmare for Audi USA. I see high income demographic buyers in my regular work all day long 5 and 6 days a week, and they ask " How do you like your Audi A4 ? "

I tell them, " it's like a bad girl friend. Very exciting car to drive, you drive it easy, you care for it, take it places, give it status, give it lots of Money and Love. ... It just won't love you back. 2 Engine replacements due to piston/ring failure and the car is 2 years old $9000 to $15000 engine replacement."

I probably discourage between 5 and 10 people a week who were just going to buy an Audi from Buying one. And guess how many people they tell ? Guess what I tell the Audi Owners to do who also ask ? When the car starts using a lot of oil, complain like hell, insist on a compression test BEFORE the warranty period is up, and get a lawyer. Several have.

I intend to be a thorn in the side of Audi Volkswagen for a long long time. I was looking at the Lexus IS350 when I bought this car. I should have gone with the Toyota.

- Randall L., Orinda, US