$5,810

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi A5:

Apr 122021

A5 Convertible 2.0L V4 Turbo

click to see larger images

timing chain, cylinder zero compression timing chain, cylinder zero compression

I purchased a 2014 Audi A-5 on 1-2-2020 from an Audi Dealer based in Warwick, Rhode Island. At the time of purchase the car had approximately 44,000 miles. I did notice oil consumption very quickly. At 60,000 miles, the engine suddenly started running rough. I had the car towed home. The car was towed to my mechanic. He started running the codes. One of the codes was P301, in one of the cylinder valves that was zero compassion.

I called an Audi Dealer in Peabody MA and spoke with someone in service. I described the engine running rough and the P301 code. This individual told me I needed a new engine. I was referred to Euro Car Center in Wilmington MA, the owner specializes in foreign car and also worked for Audi training their mechanics.

This repair was relative to a series of problems, excessive oil consumption, timing chain and tension problem, cylinder 1 had zero compassion with two exhaust values burnt. Total repair cost was $5,803.83. I called the General Manager at the purchasing dealer. This individual indicated there was nothing they were going to do. I called AudiUSA and spoke with a number of service representatives. These conversations were centered around previous model years class action law suits relative to the exact same problems I had. Additionally, the car was only out of warranty by 10,000 miles.

At the end of the day, AudiUSA REFUSED to do anything. I’m simply beyond shocked that it requires law suits before VW / AudiUSA will take responsibility for previous engines model failures. I don’t except the dealer or AudiUSA to do anything. Despite finding similar situations of 2014 Audi A-5 whereby AudiUSA DID refunded a portion of the repair cost.

- audi2014a5, Methuen, US