9.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Audi e-tron:

Mar 282022

e-tron

My wife was driving our Audi e-tron and after several minutes driving she got she got very large red alert that said "ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: MALFUNCTION! - SAFELY STOP VEHICLE". She immediately pulled over to the side of the road into a parking lot just before the electric motors shut down completely. This put my wife in an extremely dangerous situation, and we consider her to be very lucky that she was not on a highway or in the middle of an intersection when this happened. The car became COMPLETELY immobile, just dead. We towed the vehicle to the dealership, and they informed us that it would be a minimum of three weeks before they can even begin to diagnose this issue. My service advisor has informed me that there is one other Audi e-tron currently at that dealership that has exactly the same issue as I have. Our Audi e-tron is a 2019 with 31,000 miles and the other person who has this same issue has 29,000 miles. THIS CAR IS EXTREMELY UNSAFE FOR THE ROAD. I have a family and there is no way I will feel comfortable letting them ride in this vehicle even if it is fixed.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 072021

e-tron

Vehicle failed to notify the operator about unusually bad battery cell. Range was declining significantly between charge cycles. Service center was declining to address the issue until provided detailed information as why there is a fault with the high voltage battery. A bad battery cell could result in fire and death.

- Tujunga, CA, USA