6.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 BMW X3:

Dec 202019

X3 Xdrive 30i 2.0L V4 Turbo

click to see larger images

navigation screen blacking and dimming out

I leased this car and right away I was aware that the Navigation screen was dimming almost to black during the day. It only works well when the driver window is opened.. but who likes opening their window when driving on a freeway. I was told by the Arrowhead dealership that they would contact me within the year for the fix, but they did not have one when I complained about it at the end of Dec. They took it back for a few days but couldn't fix it and would not replace it. I am really tired of not having a readable Nav screen and want to get another car. If I want to change channels on my radio I have to ask the computer in the car out loud to change the channels so at least I have that option with this car but reading anything on the screen is impossible...

It works at night.. Doesn't work during the day.

Update from Nov 12, 2020: /infotainment cluster / dash dims to unreadable during operation. Makes driving very distracting and user dangerous. This has been a problem since I drove it new off showroom floor. BMW is not interested in finding a fix and expect me to drive it for three years with the faulty infotainment and dimming dash/ screen making using the sound system impossible to use. I couldn’t tell u how many miles I have driven unless I stop the car wait for the screen to brighten. I have tried all year to get it fixed, and am told BMW doesn’t care to fix it and does not care if I ever lease or buy one of their cars in the future.

Update from Nov 18, 2020: The the dimming also causes the dash board and a/c controls to go black intermittently.. This is a very distracting and dangerous to use while driving the car. Be careful when getting involved with a new BMW because they are not concerned to fix this problem and warranty does not work for this kind of a problem

- gracier2, Sedona, US