9.5

Most common solutions:

2. gm need to do a recall to replace the lights (5 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Cadillac SRX:

Jan 012021

SRX 3.6L

We have dim headlights at night and it's unsafe to drive. If we do drive at night, we must use our high beam, and in doing so, oncoming traffic have an issue with this (and I understand why!). The 2016 SRX's should have been included in the initial RECALL. I've been dealing with Cadillac Twitter chat and a Cadillac case agent to no avail. They've offer a $500 credit towards a $2,000 repair - this is not acceptable! #EPICFAIL Cadillac. :( Cadillac should step up and take care of this safety issue that they know about! It's all over the internet!!!

- rawben, Monroe, US

Dec 142019

SRX LX 3.2L V6

I have a 2016 Cadillac SRX and I'm no longer able to drive it at night due to the limited visibility of the low beams.

- VickieH B., Groveland, US

Mar 012021

SRX 3.2L V6

My husband and I bought our 2016 Cadillac SRX in 2021. I didn't know it was a problem until the first time I drove it at night. I have to drive at night with my bright lights on which causes a lot of issues with other vehicles flashing their lights at me. I can't drive at night unless my bright lights are on! HELP!

- Deborah B., Muskogee, US

Sep 012019

SRX LS

Low beam headlights begin to lose their brightness. Took to the dealer and they have known about the situation for the SRX and since I was 400 miles over my certified warranty, there was no coverage to repair. I then started reading about the issue and a found this has been an ongoing problem for a lot of SRX owners since the 2012 models. This is a great car but only in the daylight - it's too dangerous to drive at night.

- David J., Winterville, NC, US

Feb 022021

SRX

The low output of light from the headlights when on dim are going to kill someone! Worst of all, it could be me!!!

I have missed more turns at night than I care to mention, including the turn into my own driveway. I consider myself lucky that I have not had an accident as of yet, probably because I rarely ever drive this vehicle at night. This is a beautiful vehicle and I love to drive it, it is also a very expensive vehicle, but I can't drive it in the dark THIS IS LUDICRIS...GM/Cadillac needs to pay for headlights to be replaced with better lights that really light the road as it needs to be making it a safe vehicle to drive at night.

- Cindy R., SeymourSeymour, TN, US

Oct 012018

SRX LX 3.2L V6

I have service checking on it. They say we have to pay. I think it's GM's problem... They should have done it right when built.

It's a great danger driving at night, you cannot see very well.

- Harriett M., Rock Hill, SC, US

Aug 162017

SRX

Cadillac is aware of problem as is every Cadillac service center. They have issued somewhat of a recall up to 2015 but cannot understand why 2016 was not included... Lights are so bad you have to drive with high beams on to see. When asked what the cost to have repaired was told $2000 plus. I will never purchase another Cadillac!

- Cindy R., Spring Mills, PA, US

Feb 042020

SRX LX

I love the vehicle but I can't drive it at night due too the lights looking like they are not on. I have almost been hit several times, when I do drive the vehicle at night. I'm paying for something that I don't get to fully enjoy. It's horrible. I drive with my high beams on which is not fair to the other drivers. I either drive with low beams and risk being involved in an accident with my child in the card or drive with high beams on and blind the other drivers.

- DeVora R., Baton Rouge, LA, US

Feb 022016

SRX 3 V6.0

I have seen many complaints on the Cadillac SRX headlights!! I own a 2016 and totally agree that there should be a recall!! The bright lights are adequate but the dim lights are like having nothing at all. I've even stopped to look and see if I had any lights at all. THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS/DEADLY situation. I only hope someone doesn't/ hasn't lost their life.

I have lost any and all confidence in Cadillac, I recently had to replace the CUE scree that "spider webbed". I had read about others that had the same problem. I called Cadillac and their response was a $20 coupon for an oil change.

- volfan4eversj, New Johnsonville, US

Sep 012019

SRX Luxury Collection 3.2L V6

We noticed the problem in September 2019. When we mentioned it to the dealer the car was still under warranty. We were told that GM knew of the problem and there was a class action suit, so the lights would not be replaced under warranty. On February 24, 2020 we received a recall notice that was for our previously owned 2010 SRX and realized that the recall included years 2010-2015!!! No one can tell me why the 2016 was not included in the recall. It is the same body style and last year of that style! IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! We are so mad at GM. We have always been loyal GM customers. My father was a GM employee for almost 30 years and very loyal to the brand and therefore a big influence on our car buying.

Basically, couldn’t be repaired under warranty and not included in lawsuit recall and now OUT OF WARRANTY, not by miles but time.

My father always said, “ If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all!” So to GM...

- Medora J., Columbia, SC, US

Aug 282019

SRX LX 3.6L V6

2016 Cadillac SRX, Sometime in August 2019, I noticed the headlights were very dim when driving at night, but it was not until my wife used my care to drive someone to the airport at 4:30 am and she could not see and had to hold the brights on to drive the 40 mile round trip, which I am sure blinded on coming traffic.

I recently decided it is now so bad that my blinker lights when on brighten the road more than my headlights do on dim. Last week I called to schedule an appointment to get the lights fixed and they asked if I have a letter, which I did not. Upon researching I found this site via the internet to report the issue, to initiate the reimbursement letter the dealer told me was needed to for the repair to be reimbursed after the repair.

Requesting the reimbursement letter to proceed with the repair for the known headlight issue on my vehicle (Cadillac SRX).

- mhone, Orlando, US

Oct 012018

SRX Luxury 3.6L

2016 SRX low beam headlights have gotten very dim. Starting to drive at night with high beams. Have not looked into brighter bulbs as yet, hope that will be solution.

- Kenneth F., South Pittsburg, TN, US

Jan 012017

SRX LX 3.2L V6

2016 SRX bought new. I noticed the lights at night time were very dim, so bad that you could not see the road in front of you when driving the speed limit. I cleaned the lights but that was not the problem because the light beam is insufficient for driver to see the road. So I then looked at all the other cars and trucks on the expressway. Each vehicle had sufficient light beams projecting forward to illuminate the road beside and in front of them. Not the SRX, it gave off nearly no light unless you use your High Beams. The Dealership said they are aware of the problem and the class action lawsuit that might arise but in the end their solution was to try and sell me a 2017, or 2018 because the newer versions have corrected the problem the 2016 SRX has. "MY SOLUTION": In 2019, before my car reached 50K in miles, I took it back to the Dealership and asked them to lower my headlights as far as they can be adjusted toward the ground because I was just going to always drive with my high beam at night. As I was leaving the dealership they said; "THEY HAVE A SOLUTION" it was a set of specially made $100.00 dollar lights by Sylvania that correct the problem, all I would have to do is pay the $100.00 for the lights plus labor charges for installation. Additionally, management said if I told anyone that they have a solution they would deny it, because it has not been sanctioned my General Motors. I said I understand but no thank you I am not going to pay extra money. Chris Falker

- chrisfalker, Fishers, US