4.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier:

Feb 272010

Cavalier

I bought this car a 2002 Chevy Cavalier in 2005, and at the time there was 25K original miles so I was told. Since then I have found out there has been 5 recalls on this car for various safety hazards, none of which I was ever told about prior or during my purchase of this vehicle. The signals have failed, I had to pay for them to be replaced, the bearings on the tires caused dry rot and I had to pay to replace those, both were on the recall list. The engine would over heat in the idle position, and they replaced an air filter sitting that as the problem and it wasn't. the pedal sticks when I accelerate and sometimes gets stuck, the rockerarms have started to go bad and it has caused the valve stems to bend, thus causing the oilpump to seize up and now my cars engine has a blown gasket, this is under the engine component system recall, which was reported in 2007. I was never notified. And now im paying 350 per month for a car that is not running.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jul 092002

Cavalier

Nar 9-10-03. Safety defect in 2002 Chevy Cavalier. Engine coolant leak.

- South Park, PA, USA

Dec 212002

Cavalier 4-cyl

Compressor never worked when the car was bought. Left rear turn signal continually shorted out, a wire needed to be replaced. Driver side front window motor had to be replaced.

- Chicago, IL, USA