9.5

$3,550

Most common solutions:

1. replace torque converter (4 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Feb 172022

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Transmission should not fail at 78,000 miles. GM knows these are faulty and will not do anything about it.

- Danny B., Weston, CT, US

May 102019

Silverado 1500 Z78 LTZ 5.3L

How does Chevy get away with not honoring the drive train warranty in this truck? While driving the vehicle would shutter; took it to the shop and the torque converter failed and contaminated the transmission fluid causing a complete rebuild of the transmission.

- therebe1, Hockley, US

Oct 012017

Silverado 1500 WT 4.3L V6

Torque converter failed around 35,000 miles. I purchased the truck and then noticed the truck developed the following symptoms within the first month of having it.

1. intermittent Shuddering under light acceleration. especially around 38MPH at first then pretty much at all speeds under light acceleration. 2. intermittent random rpm surge while shuddering. 3. brown/burned colored transmission fluid

Transmission ended up having to be replaced due to the torque converter failing and sending debris through it.

I'm now having the same issues once again with the new torque converter as of 5/19/2018 not even 5,000 miles.

I've reached out to GM several times and they are no help and will do nothing. to keep this short if the dealer tells GM there is nothing wrong with your vehicle even if there is really something wrong GM will do nothing for you. The trucks had 2 new transmissions put in it since I got it. I have repeatedly taken it to the dealer as soon as I notice the shudder developing and the fluid starts to burn. The dealers tell GM nothings wrong trucks operating as designed. You would think GM would realize there is something wrong when I tell there there is since its on its 3rd transmission.

I guess bottom line is, I will never buy another GM vehicle again, now that I know that the warranty they provide is a nightmare to deal with. And they will not listen to the customer or fix issues with their vehicles.

- chevyguy1994, Tacoma, US

Jan 222017

Silverado 1500 High Country 6.2L

I think it is bad when a major component fails completely after less than 6000 miles. Thankfully vehicle still under warranty but what a PAIN. Took 3 days for the dealer to fix.

- L R C., Midlothian, US