7.1

$1,020

Most common solutions:

1. replace condenser (7 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

May 282020

Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L

shouldn't have the problems i have with this truck 4 years old.

- Rob E., Swartz Creek, MI, US

Mar 012020

Silverado 1500 All Star Edition 5.3L

I live in south Louisiana. Not the best time for AC problems

- Garrett C., Bush, US

Aug 072020

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Air condition worked fine when I stopped at grocery, and then didn't not work when I started it again. No sign of it going bad. The wife had mentioned that she saw spots under the truck at the right front but I thought that was just condensations. Took to dealer and was told it will cost 1200 to replace condenser. Was told that this was a conman problem with GM condensers.. If I had known this I probably wouldn't have purchased the truck. I had a 2000 silverado that I traded for this one and never had issues with air on it and it was 18 years old when I traded it for this 2016 silveradao.

- Dallas B., Alvaton, KY, US

May 112020

Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 4WD V8 5.3L

A/C condenser cracked and leaked oil that could be seen through the grill on the air filter. This is one week after having to have the transmission replaced. So done with GM vehicles.

- aggieman777, Frisco, US

Jun 222020

Silverado 1500 LT V8

It makes me angry that I had to pay $1229.93 to replace the AC condenser on a truck that is 4 years old and only has 66695 miles on it. We have been loyal Chevy owners since opening our service business in 1982. At this time we own 5 trucks. If I have to pay for something like this again I will stop buying Chevy/GMC.

- fballaro, Stratford, US

Oct 032019

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Chevy Silverado 2014 2018 the AC condenser broken.

- Jose S., Baytown, TX, US

Feb 152019

Silverado 1500 LX V8

• CVT transmission

The truck was less than 3 years old when the condenser cracked, there are no moving parts and there is no damage to the truck. I feel this is a design flaw or the part was defective when the truck was built. I would like Chevy to fix this. Other models have had this same issue and Chevy fixed them, but not this truck. UNHAPPY

- Matthew S., Spring City, TN, US