8.8

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Jan 162020

Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L

click to see larger images

brakes not working

Left work heading to highway, pressed brake pedal and dash lit up like a Christmas tree, noises. Brakes did nothing, pedal was rock hard, cross traffic coming was a semi, I was lucky that I had this happen earlier in the day so I was careful and prepared, call valley Chevrolet in Hutchinson Mn and dropped it off, bales seems different, I was told it could have something to do with the my Chevrolet app, causing this issue.

- Brian D., Litchfield, US

Jan 112020

Silverado 1500 LT V8

Purchased the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss in November 2018. I had 1400 miles on it and up in the mountains for vacation when my ABS, ESC, Trailer braking system all went out and it locked into 4 wheel drive. Had to get the dealer to tow it back 300 miles. Dealer repaired it. Then I got a recall notice, one for the seatbelt four for the brake system. Had the dealer work on it, two weeks later complete ABS failure again, returned to the dealer had them work on it, one week later complete ABS failure again and now it is back in the shop for another round of repairs. I currently have 29,417 miles on it. I do a lot of driving for work and I do not feel safe in the vehicle due to the braking system failures I have had. I do a lot of hunting/fishing in the back country where there is no cell service and some pretty winding roads and I do not feel safe while driving these roads.

- blainelyons, Bakersfield, US

Jul 122020

Silverado 1500 Z71 Trail Boss LT 5.3L V8

After driving approximately 100 miles, I was at a stop waiting for a traffic light. Upon turning green, I tried to accelerate only to have brake system failure notification no speeds over 62 flash and the engine turn off. After waiting a moment, restarted vehicle and didn't notice any braking issues or warning lights. Frustrating as I bought this vehicle two weeks ago as a certified pre-owned truck from the Chevy Dealer.

- Neil R., Albuquerque, NM, US

Jul 152019

Silverado 1500 LX

My husband was driving his 2019 Chevrolet Silverado at 62 mph, when he got a brake failure warning. He had to use his emergency brakes to stop. The truck is still at the dealership, they tried to tell me they have never seen this issue before. That was obviously not true. I am unhappy with the Chevy brand and will never purchase another. Thank God my husband knew what to do, he could have died. Then I ask myself what if I were in his truck, or our 14 year old who is learning to drive. Would we have known what to do ? Probably not.

- niki brown , Belle Rose, US

Aug 142019

Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2L

2019 Silverado LTZ with 7500 miles. Filled up with gas and drove away and almost ran into a 4 lane highway because the brakes were spongy and basically not working. I had no error lights. I contacted OnStar and they ran diagnostics and showed no issues. Limped to the dealer and left it there. No information at this point but I don't have a lot of trust in this vehicle now.

Update from Aug 15, 2019: Vehicle has a bad Master Cylinder. Told they are electronic and GM is having issues. There are 0 (zero) available at this time. I am told I could be without my vehicle for a month or more.

Update from Oct 8, 2019: Day 57 issue has still not be resolved by GM. I have been provided a loaner to drive but often they are not on the same par as the vehicle I purchased.

- Joe S., Talbott, TN, US