8.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

Nov 012019

Silverado 1500

TL-the contact owns a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving at low speeds the vehicle shifted roughly. Additionally, while at a stop, shifting from first gear to second gear the vehicle lunged forward. There were no warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to southtowne Chevrolet Buick GMC 695 bullsboro dr, newnan, ga 30265 (678) 707-8624 but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 300.

- Peach Tree City, GA, USA

Silverado 1500

On Dec 16 I started my vehicle via the remote start. I then got in and my ecs, ABS, traction control, steering and a lot more lights light up on the dashboard. I went to back it up I couldnt stop it unless I stuck my foot in it hard and I couldnt even steer it so I wouldnt wreck. Called onstar they said to drive carefully but needs to be serviced within 7days. I parked it found another way to work and had my vehicle towed to the dealership. They said it was fixed and was just a battery issues and they fixed a couple of recalls. Then on Jan 26 not even a month later I was at the grocery store and started the truck, started backing up and the dashboard started lighting warnings and I couldnt get the truck to stop. Finally with everything I had I got it to stop. I had to get the vehicle home cause it was Sunday so I put on my flashers drove less than 30mph and got it home thank goodness without causing a wreck. Had it towed back to another dealer and you know this dealer blamed the other dealer said they didnt do something right and they just reset the system. A week later, and again having it towed with my own insurance cause onstar wouldnt tow it to the dealer I wanted. I wasnt even offered a loaner vehicle.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Jan 112020

Silverado 1500

When I was driving this vehicle first problem I start getting was the 4WD service light and won't be able to switch to 4WD, and was. Close to get in the wreck couple time during the winter storm. Second problem was when I was driving around 70mph on hwy truck got reduced engine power and slowed down my speed a lot, luckily I didn't have vehicle to close to me. Another problem I had was transmission issues, I was driving 25mph and my vehicle got blocked instant and won't move forward. Imagine if this happened on hwy driving 70mph and vehicle to stop/block the wheels and someone to be behind could be a big wreck. And after that issues truck won't go forward anymore, just on reverse

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 182020

Silverado 1500

I was stopped on a hillside with engine running, shift lever in park, and the truck started to roll backwards. The truck computer put on the emergency brakes. I tried this three different times with the same problem of it rolling backwards.

- Knoxville, IL, USA

Jan 132020

Silverado 1500

Vehicle shifts harshly making control questionable at times. I went to accelerate around a vehicle lost all power until it found a gear. Someone will get hurt because of this truck especially on slippery winter roads. Been to the dealership 3 times no fix. Please help

- Edgerton, WI, USA

Jan 092020

Silverado 1500

Every morning since vehicle was new has 2600 on it now when cold I pull out onto street when vehicle shifts from first to second gear the shift shift slips and flares like it S in neutral and vehicle will hesitate slow down while it's waiting to get into second gear, this is a safety issue because their is no forward movement during this and possibly could cause an accident because vehicle wonżT move quick enough, after shift 2-3 is perfect and 3-4 will do same thing slip and flare, Iżve been told this is normal but I am a automotive tech and have been for over thirty years there is definitely something wrong with trans but GM wonżT admit problem this is wide spread as there are the same other complaints on this website.

- Sudbury, MA, USA

Dec 262019

Silverado 1500

Seemed as if the car would almost slip in and out gear when diving approx. 30-40 mph. I then noticed the check engine light came on and flashed engine reduction and seemed to lose some power. I took it in to the dealer, 2 days later they replaced R&R camshaft position actuator magnet intake.the next day after the truck back. I started the truck it put it in reverse and the engine stopped running but it seemed as if it the engine was still running as when you use the remote to start the truck, after the 4th try the truck stayed running but the engine reduction warning had lit up again. The truck has been back at the dealers for 6 days trying to figure out the problem

- Middle River, MD, USA

Dec 282019

Silverado 1500

When putting vehicle in drive from park it jumps forward even with foot on the brake. When going from reverse to drive it feels like the vehicle is not in gear and then engages and then the vehicle makes a clunk noise and abruptly jumps forward. There is also a issue when going from first to second when accelerating and the same when downshifting. The transmission on this vehicle is very erratic in nature, you never know what it is going to do every time you drive it. This has been happening since the first 100 miles and I now have 8600 and still happening. I have taken it to the dealer and they stated they could not get it to repeat the issue even after letting it sit outside in 20 degree weather to cool everything down.

- Williamson, NY, USA

Silverado 1500

When cold, the transmission has a hard slip when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. Usually happens in the morning when I am leaving my house. On icy/snow covered road it will cause the rear wheels to lose traction. Thus creating a safety hazard for me, other vehicles or pedestrians on the roadway.

- East Peoria, IL, USA

Dec 192019

Silverado 1500

Merging into 70 to 80 mph traffic on interstate I95 my truck stalled abruptly to 45 mph and at 3000 RPM would not shift out of the lower gear it went it. I had to merge quickly to the emergency lane with on coming traffic doing all they could to get around around me. Had to have the vehicle towed.

- Portwentworth, GA, USA

Dec 192019

Silverado 1500

2019 Silverado high country.124 miles the engine light came on. Transmission would not shift out of a lower gear. I was driving 45 mph and had to pull over and have the vehicle towed. The vehicle is currently sitting at dan vaden pooler Georgia.

- Portwentworth, GA, USA

Nov 082019

Silverado 1500

Repeated attempts by jones Chevy, sumter SC, they have not identified the vibration problems with my new vehicle. 22+ days in repair, multiple visits, and GM classifies harsh vibration as "normal characteristic" and closed the case, saying its final. I have contacted GM CEO with certified letter, discussed with exec. Customer support team, and posted on social media to find any solution. GM customer service is the worse I have ever experienced. So far dealer has conducted transmission drain and flush per a tsb, changed torque converter, evaluated vibration with pico scope, and problem still exists and persist. Now today it's back at dealer for a prop shaft swap, from a new truck. My vehicle now has 6K miles, and problem started at 5K after the drain and flush. GM says the vibration is normal because of the dfm, dynamic fuel mgmt. System. I say bs. They are wrong, and no vehicle should vibrate at low or high speed to the point you feel it through the seat, steering column, steering wheel and harmonic distortion in the cab. GM knows what the problem is, they just don't want to admit. Next step, arbritration" any feedback is much appreciated to solve this vibration issue. GM - do the right thing and issue a recall before someone gets hurt. Remember the ignition problem" this problem isn't going away.

Silverado 1500

The 8 speed transmission sometimes gets hung in between gears or shifts very hard after it intermittently comes out of gear. This week, I went to cross a road on dry road conditions and the vehicle came out of gear, the engine revved and I was without a gear for 2-3 seconds, causing the oncoming traffic to be uncomfortably close by the time I regained power and was able to cross the road. There have been other times that I have been at a stop sign and I go to take off and the engine revs up as I hit the gas but it is not in gear and then abruptly snaps into gear, causing the tires to actually squeal. So this issue has happened when the truck is still moving and also when it was at a stop sign and not in motion,

- Becker, MN, USA

Dec 062019

Silverado 1500

Ongoing communication between local dealer and Chevy/GM executive support team to fix shudder/vibration is not resolved. Chevy states "normal characteristic" for this model vehicle, 2019 Silverado 5.3, 8 speed. I vehemently disagree. GM approved torque converts swap and then problem got much worse. They now say, resolution is final, this in normal! pleaded with dealership general mgr, to contact district supervisors to re-evaluate. Now they are going to run pico test and comparative analysis against 2 new truck on their lot. My truck only has 6K miles and should shake and vibrate, but it does and getting worse. Harmonic distortion within cab getting worse. Seems the more miles I put on it, the worse it gets. After drain and flush of transmission, per tsb, now also had delayed shifting, and having to brake hard when downshifting because it wants to lurch forward. Frustrating at best, but safety and risk of injury are my immediate concern. Need help!

Sep 102019

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While attempting to accelerate from a stop in traffic, the accelerator pedal was lightly depressed; however, the vehicle hard shifted between first and second gear and the vehicle went sideways. The contact avoided a crash and was concerned about the failure. The vehicle was taken to jim butler Chevrolet (59 gravois bluffs blvd, fenton, mo 63026, (636) 349-3222) on four separate occasions to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the vehicle operated as intended. The transmission was re-calibrated; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was informed of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10. The VIN was not available.

- St.Charles, MO, USA

Oct 132019

Silverado 1500

Was driving back home going around 65mph when all of the sudden it down shifted and eventually lose power. I pulled over restarted truck and check engine light turned on and would not shift out of first gear. I could not take it to the dealership that day as it was Sunday and would have to wait till Monday. Monday 10/14/19 came and I took it to the dealership. Dealership has still not fixed the problem, they have already replaced the pc module, and valve body. Now they are they saying they are going to replace the wiring harness on it. I do have a GM case #9-564919828, however they are no help and basically tell me the same thing as the dealership does. Truck has been at the dealership since 10/14/19 and have still not fixed it, todays day 12/05/19.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Nov 082019

Silverado 1500

2019 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L with 8-speed transmission. Experienced intermittent transmission shudder at 32 - 44 mph. Vehicle serviced per GM ts bulletin to drain and flush transmission, replace defective fluid with atf mobile 1 synthetic. This was done twice and problem got worse. Now shudders constantly at 32-44 mph. Dealer was informed by GM tech that this is a normal characteristic for this model. I disagree! my brand new truck with only 5K miles should not be shuddering and shaking. Was told that the active fuel management system, 2 to 4 cylinder mode is suspect and affecting torque converter shudder. But this is normal" I have requested repair or replace or buy back and contacted GM corporate directly. GM senior advisor team has not yet contacted me. I have refused to drive it, and left it at the dealership until resolved. They gave me a loaner to drive in the meantime. Appears lots of instances on the internet of similar issues and owners are not happy. Why hasn't GM engineering fixed this problem or issued a recall yet" I am currently awaiting responses from GM / Chevy for resolution. This is unacceptable.

Nov 182019

Silverado 1500

When slowing down, the vehicle has a hard downshift. Usually it would be described as not being smooth. Today, while traveling about 40 mph with the foot off the accelerator, it downshifted so hard it felt like I was rear ended by another vehicle.

- Tonganoxie, KS, USA

Aug 222019

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle downshifted to 20 mph. Occasionally, the vehicle would stop moving and shut off. Additionally, the vehicle failed to shut off at times. Furthermore, the check engine, engine reduced power, low fuel, service trailer brake system, service 4WD, shift to park, service ABS, reduced steering assist, back up camera, service ESC, and reduce transmission function warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to dellenbach motors (3111 S college ave, fort collins, co 80525, (970) 226-2438) where it was diagnosed that the transmission connection failed. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted and provided case number: 9-5621232945, but did not assist. The failure mileage was 1,800. The VIN was invalid.

- Ft Collins, CO, USA

Oct 262019

Silverado 1500

The contact owns a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. While driving, the vehicle would shift extremely hard from first into second gear and lunged forward. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The contact called uftring Chevrolet (1860 Washington rd, Washington, il 61571, (309) 444-3151) and was informed that the failure was a known issue by the manufacturer. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not assist. The failure mileage was approximately 10,000.

- Hanna, IL, USA