9.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

Jan 072020

Silverado 1500

I have lost power to my brakes on 4 isolated occasions in the span of a month after purchasing this new vehicle. On each occurrence the service trailer brakes, service ESC, service speeds and I would smell burning upon exiting the vehicle after operation. On 3 of the occasions I experienced this issue while stationary and upon starting the vehicle. On one occasion I was operating the vehicle at roughly 60 mph and engaged the brakes and lost power to the braking systems.

- Bozeman, MT, USA

Feb 012020

Silverado 1500

Turned on truck and got multiple messages, "service ESC" and "brake system failure - speed limited to 62 mph." Braking was extremely limited - even at hardest effort, truck struggled to come to a complete stop. Truck has 6700 miles and also brake pads are reporting 14%/18% life left which is innacurate based on amount of driving.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jan 052020

Silverado 1500

Service ESC, service trailer braking system, brake system failure 62mph top speed and a check engine light. Have another appointment at dealer after recall for ESC brake module has been performed

- Forest Hill, MD, USA

Dec 192019

Silverado 1500

I took it Tuesday 12/17/19 in for an oil change at 4K miles to get under 7K service. For my 2019 high country. As I was notified I was due for an oil change. I looked on onstar. Saw there was a recall and figured they could two things at once. Come to find out there were three recalls. Which I get it, things happen. I get it home Tuesday night no issues. Thursday 12/19/19 around 6 pm, as I was backing out of my driveway and it wouldn┐T stop. I had to stand on the brakes. I am 6┐2┐ and 300 lbs. I was able to get the vehicle in drive and again, the vehicle was not easily stopping. I had numerous dashboard displays. I took pictures of the displayed items. I called rick hendrick Chevrolet at 6:53 pm on 12/19/19 and since I live close dropped it off at the dealer, as I was headed out of town Sunday and wanted this fixed. So.... here comes the issue besides it not stopping that I am even more fired up about! the service guy, called me Friday morning to say they can┐T find anything wrong. Now, with the display saying service ESC, trailer brake system, and brake system failure not to go above 62 mph, I am pretty sure it triggered an code and would be in code history. I told him I had pictures of the dash display and that they needed to check the code history. He told me at one point it was the vacuum, but then told me that the vacuum was an issue with last years model. And that he was having his master technician look at it. Around 4 pm on Friday, with a family trip coming up Sunday 12/22/19 and not hearing anything I called a few times to find out if I needed to rent a car or they could get me a loaner. I got a call around 5:13 pm on 12/19/19 telling me it's ready and they reinstalled the software and the master technician drove it. Said he is comfortable. I was scared then and scared now to put them back in that vehicle.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Dec 202019

Silverado 1500

Started vehicle up from a parking lot, proceeded to intersection. Went to hit my brakes for the red light. And warning lights started flashing. I had about 10% of brakes at this point. Could not stop for red light, but was able to steer to the right, parallel with the oncoming traffic to avoid a serious collision. The truck is setting at the dealership now. And I'm being told that parts are back ordered.

- Hico, WV, USA

Nov 152019

Silverado 1500

The most recent issue occurred on or about 11/15/2019 when traveling on the highway at approximately 65 mile per hour, the vehicle had an engine lost of power. Power reduced immediately and all of a sudden when moving in the 2 lane on a highway incline. Incident almost caused a fatal accident. Previous lost of power issue was taken to the dealership and I was advised that it was a throttle body component that was covered under warranty service too. On or about September 14, 2019, the vehicle lost brake function when exiting out of a shopping center onto a main street. This too almost caused an accident as the truck would not stop despite using the emergency power brake. All incidents had my children present.

- Douglasville, GA, USA