Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

Jan 172020

Silverado 1500

When backing the vehicle at night the camera screen is so bright it blinds the driver and Chevy has no way of adjusting the screen brightness.as of 1-27-2020 Chevrolet is failing to address the problem and it will cause a accident

- Maple Hts, OH, USA

Dec 272019

Silverado 1500

The backup assist camera is too bright to see side mirrors and look out the back window when backing up in the dark. It is very dangerous to try and maneuver the vehicle with such a bright light in the cab.

- North Liberty, IN, USA

Dec 192019

Silverado 1500

Infotainment screen at night when in reverse backing up the rear camera display is so bright it blinds visibility of the surrounding area. Ive pulled in front of cars twice cause I cant see lights coming down the road, all I can see is a reflection of light inside my trucks windows from the brightness of the rear cam. Its almost to wear im about to make a cardboard cover to cover it so I can see. Love the truck but this makes me want to get rid of the new 50,000$ dollar truck I just bought.

- Elkhart, IN, USA

May 282019

Silverado 1500

When the truck is in reverse at night, the data system on the dashboard shines too brightly and makes it nearly impossible to use. You cannot look across the truck to use your passenger sideview mirror, nor use your rearview mirror. This caused me to back over a mailbox, and had caused a few near- misses while backing at night. The dealership told me that there is nothing that they can do.

- Stamping Ground, KY, USA

Oct 162019

Silverado 1500

My backup camera at night when you go to reverse the camera is very bright, my wife holds a book over it so I can see out the windows. It is extremely bright but only in reverse, when driving the brightness is fine. This could case a safety issue if my son is driving at night, very difficult to back up and see your surroundings.

- Davisburg, MI, USA

Nov 012019

Silverado 1500

During darkness, I have my interior lights dim for it offers me better visibility at night, when I put the vehicle into reverse, the screen go full bright, it goes so bright that I have to stop what I'm doing (reversing) wait for eyes to adjust so I can then see the mirrors again. It is like having a flashlight shined into your eyes while looking in mirrors.

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

Jan 032019

Silverado 1500

Rear view camera blury and fuzzy. Very poor street lighting while driving ! safety related issues!!!!

- Novelty, OH, USA