Most common solutions:

1. intermittent ground wire repair (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Oct 232020

Silverado 1500 LTZ 3.0L Duramax Diesel

click to see larger images

transmission failure

Five months and 7,500 miles were great:mileage, towing, handling, etc. Then, the transmission failed. Many loud bangs that shook the truck and trailer. The dealer has had it 4.5 weeks; error code P0962. Changed transmission control valve and wire harness (2 weeks); same symptom and error code. Waiting 2.5 weeks, for a different transmission harness.

After 4 weeks, I called Chevy Support. They said that the dealer is working, with the Chevy Field Engineer, and that all is progressing well and timely. Then, Chevy Support mentioned that a buy back will be considered. Nobody tells me anything, without my insistence, and then the comments are sketchy and vague.

Thankfully, I have a sedan, to borrow, but the work/towing that my truck supported is not happening. They have my truck and money. At this time, I am not sure that I would be confident, if they repaired it. Dare I ask, how long can and will they drag this out? I have already investigated and neared selection, for the replacement truck. But, I must await Chevy. They are taking my time. Again, they have my truck and my money.

Update from Nov 28, 2020: I am happy, again. The failure has been fixed! The mechanic kept working and found an intermittent ground wire break, in the harness, between the Transmission Control Module and the transmission. I've driven, over 200 miles, since the return, of the truck, and have no problems; the driving included freeway, town and 10% grades. My average mileage has been, about 26 mpg. This next week, I will tow a trailer and expect no problems.

- Scott M., Salinas, US