Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Jul 062020

Tahoe

The number 1 cylinder keeps fouling out spark plugs. I have changed plugs, wires, and the coil pack. This fixes the problem for about 5 miles. It runs poorly, low idle, the stability trac comes on and says it is malfunctioning and needs to be serviced

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Oct 072018

Tahoe

My issues started almost two years ago when dropping my child off at daycare. I was on the highway and noticed a loud ticking noise coming from the engine. At first I was not sure what it was until I pulled in the daycare and it was evident something was wrong. At that point the stablitrak and traction control light started flashing. I had to have the vehicle towed because I tried to move it and when I put it in gear it jerked so hard I was scared the engine blew. I took it to the certified Chevy mechanic, cylinder 6 misfire. We replaced the plugs, coil packs etc, trying to see what the issue could be. He finally replaced all 16 lifters, cam, head gaskets and oil pump as well. Once he got it together, it was still a misfire on cylinder 6. he took it apart to look at the pistons, they were fine. The top of the motor he practically everything brand new on it. The Chevy dealership are aware of the lifter issues with this vehicle and blatantly told me, I need a new engine or could purchase a new vehicle. Still no resolve as of June 23, 2020! please issue a recall on this as so many of these vehicles have this issue and it's not fair to us that they designed the engine so poorly.

- Paducah, KY, USA

Jul 172018

Tahoe

I have been dealing with the same problem as the previous complaint...ironically, my vehicle was manufactured in tx too, but, I purchased it used in va in 2011 odometer-73,625. To date, I only have 101,225- I started having constant stabilitrack/traction control issues right after 100,000- caused steering wheel to lock up and loss of power in addition to door locks suddenly locking/unlocking, car alarm going off, and hazard blinkers not working (all while in the middle of rush hour traffic)! after this constant issue was "repaired"-for 6th time, a few months later, I experienced a different problem. After waiting at a stop light, the vehicle would not accelerate-I had to push gas all the way to the floor, barely reaching 20mph, then, the car started shaking & to make matters worse, the brakes were barely working. Thankfully, I was near a parking lot & was able to pull over. This time I think it is a BCM or pcs issue. It seems the "flex-fuel" 4WD 2007 Tahoe are having major issues. This should be constitute under lemon law. I am too scared to drive now-the car has been sitting in my driveway for a long time, yet I have to pay insurance & registration. I'm sick of wasting money as well. Please help us (2007 Tahoe owners), fix these issues! thank you.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 012020

Tahoe

Stabiltrakar and only half the motor is running

- Midland, TX, USA

Nov 222018

Tahoe

Sometimes the stable track system comes on and goes off causing the transmission and carter jerk and steer poorly too many complaints about this needs to be taken care

- Blountville, TN, USA

Apr 302019

Tahoe

My 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe will sporadically display two M.I.L. 's - service traction control and service stabilitrak. I have spent close to $4,000 on different parts, as well as having the heads completely rebuilt about 5 months ago. The only trouble codes it shows when hooked to a scanner are a P0300 (generic misfire detected) P0301 (misfire cylinder 1) and 0443 (evap emission control system valve circuit). After several months of research online, it is blatantly obvious that there are several thousand people experiencing the exact same issues. It appears there is no direct surefire resolution. But rather a common occurrence that is sometimes very labor intensive and extremely invasive to track down the specific problem. I have replaced the brake light control switch, added a secondary backup battery as well as additional positive and negative cables, replace the plugs, plug wires and ignition coil packs. It seems to be a recurring issue and at this point I have as much money invested in repairing the vehicle as I have spent purchasing it. I am not the type of person to sell this truck and let's have the misfortune of dealing with such issues but after several thousand dollars spent and discovering that it is a very common problem amongst Chevrolet / GM SUVS and trucks, particularly with the 5.3 L engine, I feel General Motors should at least cover the expense of repairing it or let me trade it in towards a newer model with a sufficient credit applied. The issues I'm experiencing seem to happen when I am stopping or accelerating above 40 miles per hour. If I am simply cruising along at 25 miles per hour steadily and not accelerating or breaking, it doesn't seem to be as prevalent. But as previously stated, it is sporadic and continues to reoccur incessantly.

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Jun 262019

Tahoe

Highway! company midwest Transport Inc dot#1084722 truck motor blew as I was traveling down the road at 55mph I lost control truck begain to jackknife truck#9005

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jul 022019

Tahoe

Bad engine cuts off while driving. Burn excessive oil and water. Motor makes loud noises. Brakes have to be changed every 2 months. Grinding noises when you take your feet of the gas, sounds like a 18 wheeler breaking down to stop. Now the engine won┐T turn over. Replaced sensors and timing but still not cranking. So now it needs a motor. Dashboard is cracked up so bad you can see inside to airbag. Which sometimes gets extremely hot.

- Greensboro, GA, USA

Nov 262018

Tahoe

While driving my 2007 chev Tahoe today, while in motion, the stabilitrak warning came up on my dash along with traction control warning. Then the engine started struggling. I googled these problems and it appears GM recalled models from 2014 and 2015 with the same issues. They need to recall all impacted models. If this causes the engine to lose power, it could cause a dangerous situation.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jan 012007

Takata recall

- Bay Village, OH, USA

Oct 102017

Tahoe

Under numerous circumstances, the "service stablilitrak and service traction control " appears in the dash message center along with audible beeps. Shortly after this happens the vehicle engine goes into limp mode with limited power and speed. I have been on interstates with heavy traffic and this becomes challenging to remedy asap and get out of the way. The original part suggested was the throttle body, this was replaced and the problem seemed to go away for 12-16 month. The problem has come back and the throttle body is not suspect this time. The dealer bascially trouble shoots the problem with parts.

- Farmington, MN, USA

Jan 012007

Tahoe

My Chevrolet Tahoe, despite regular maintenance per schedule, loses on quart of oil every 2500 miles. There are no leaks, smoking exhaust etc. The dealership told me this is a well known problem of unknown origin. The electrical systems on the vehicle have been a nightmare. The ignition will at times fail to turn off despite removing the key. The cruise control will pop out of cruise mode for no reason and will often fail to reengage immediately. Lithia Chevrolet in redding refuses to discuss repair or replacement, stating it is not their problem. I also have a recalled takata airbag that lithia refuses to replace.

- Redding, CA, USA

Nov 022017

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. After having the oil changed, the vehicle failed to start and the stabilitrak indicator illuminated. The local dealer was not contacted and the manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 183,544.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Sep 082017

Tahoe

The contact commited to a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe at an auction. While test driving the vehicle at any speed, the check engine and reduce engine power warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure was not diagnosed. The failure mileage was approximately 156,000.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jul 132017

Tahoe

The problem is stated in technical service bulletin pip4568S & #10-06-01-008M that GM sent out regarding afn lifters failing due to oil starvation. GM knows about this problem and sent out the information on how to diagnose it and fix it. However this is a known problem in the 5.3L engines and a very expensive problem! in my situation it caused a soak plug and the spark plug housing to blow completely out of the engine! which could have injured someone or caused damage to something if it had gotten out of the engine compartment. I was on a major highway going 50 mph with high traffic. As stated this is a known problem and GM won't even cover any portion of the cost to fix it! in my case I only owned the vehicle for 4 months and had this happen. I am now paying for a vehicle that I can barely drive and shouldnt be driving! at any moment the whole engine could blow up but I have no choice but to drive it until I have the $4000 to fix it! GM should have to cover repairs or at least a portion of the cost of repairs! I have seen numerous complaints on the web regarding this problem from other owners of the vehicles effected by pip4568S & #10-06-01-008M. Yet GM will not help consumers in any way at all with the expensive cost of this repair! with the amount of complaints I have seen it should be a recall! there could be other safety issues that other owners could have had also. This known problem also effects other functions of the vehicle such as stabilitak system. When this system is malfunctioning the vehicle hits bumps and throws the vehicle off the road making steering the vehicle very hard to control. This an accident could occur.

- Everson, WA, USA

May 272017

Tahoe

Cylinder 1,3,5,7 in engine has misfires, this enging has the afm and tjevv4/V8 mode is wearing out the engines and causing them to fail. My engine has had the valve lifters fail. My engine now has a tapping sound, and after taking to garage they have informed me this is an ongping issue with this year of Tahoe and problem is very common and they said it is S bad design. I was driving 70mph on the highway when cylinders 13,5,7 started misfiring, car went from 70mph to less then 40 mph and started shaking and studderring, aslnost got tearended on the highway because of this.after garage inspected vehicle they have determined the valve lifters, cam shaft are bad in the engine and have cause the traction control and stabiltrack errors in my Tahoe. So now I have to get the engine rebuilt because of GM bad active fuel management design, (afm) I have been complaining of the issue since my Tahoe had been using a quart of oil every oil change

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Apr 202017

Tahoe

Our 2007 Chevy Tahoe had been driven for about an hour and then parked for approximately two hours. Upon starting the Tahoe with cold engine and pulling away from the curb there was an immediate smell of something toxic coming from the air vents followed by black smoke from the engine compartment. The vehicle was stopped and turned off and less than a minute later there were flames emanating from under the hood and within a couple of minutes the hood was blown open and the entire front of the car was engulfed in flames.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Jun 042016

Tahoe

"takata recall" airbag light is on. My 07 Chevy Tahoe burns 1 quart of oil every 1000-1500 miles" dealer told me this is "normal"?????? it is not normal for any vehicle to burn this much oil in such little time!! Chevy won't correct these problems! there are thousands of people with same troubles. Yet still no recall????"

- Pascoag, RI, USA

Jan 022017

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the reduced engine speed warning indicator randomly flashed several times. The vehicle drastically reduced speed intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic who replaced the throttle body position sensor, but the failure continued. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was not available.

- Clarksburg, WV, USA

Nov 202016

Tahoe

My truck is consuming lots of oil and gas. Took it for an oil change and they say it was no oil in it after putting in two quarts in two days ago. My truck was saying I had oil but I didnt by the stick. My stabilitrack and traction control light is on and it is running rough. The computer is reading a misfire in cylinder one. Got everything checked and I was told it is something inside the engine. I reafmd about alot of complaints on the same thing thats wrong with my truck. Their needs to be a recall on these engines with the amount of oil it consumes and damagjng the engine...please tell me can you all help!!

- Andrews, SC, USA