6.3

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Jul 122019

Tahoe KTA V6

The top right side of the dashboard has a 2-3" crack. And it's getting bigger! Chevrolet/GM should fix it!!!! All the company offers is a video about how to repair its FLAWED dashboard workmanship.

- Erik J., Indianapolis, IN, US

Mar 152019

Tahoe LT

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I was driving down the highway at dusk when I heard a loud "pop". I thought something had struck my windshield. When I arrived home I noticed some white fibers on the dash board. After further inspection I saw the crack in my dash board and am assuming the white fibers came out of the crack. My car has only 76,000 miles on it, is garaged accept when I am at work. In the warmer months I use sunshades on the windshield to protect the dash.

My previous Tahoe was purchased in 2000 new. I drove that vehicle for 17 years and 235,000 miles without my dashboard cracking.

I feel there should be a recall on this and free replacement by GM. I am not the only Chevrolet owner with this same problem.

- Deborah V., Ooltewah, US

Sep 012017

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L

A vehicle that stickers at 60k and the dash is falling apart and GM's response to date has been a polite "screw you". The (original) dash in my 1977 Trans Am is in better shape.

- Kevin H., Durham, US

Jan 072017

Tahoe LT

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I am trying to trade in my vehicle and I cannot with this huge hole/crack in my dashboard on the drivers side. It is a safety issue. This is costing me about $3,000 in lower trade in value, on an otherwise well taken care of vehicle.

- Teresa R., Katy, TX, US

Mar 012017

Tahoe

I love my Tahoe however it's concerning that my dashboard cracked for no reason.

- Laura M., Houston, TX, US

Apr 052016

Tahoe LTZ V6

Bought our 2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ on Sept 2013 and already noticed that there was a crack on the dashboard by the airbag on the passenger side. I was lucky to notice this. My husband took the Tahoe to the dealership to get it replaced since it is still under warranty.

- Oralia R., San Antonio, TX, US