4.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Chevrolet Trax:

Apr 292021

Trax

Ac no longer works. Ac only blows warm air no cool air. Three years is very soon for a car to have issues with the air condition. There is no ac. The heater works fine. However, when I turn on my ac the car vibrates and makes a grinding sound. Feels unsafe to drive.

- Logansport, IN, USA

Feb 052021

Trax

The rear differential clutch module shorted out. Very expensive part and is not covered in the power train warranty it should be. Was in my driveway and message came on to have the all wheel drive serviced. Shouldn't have to put any money into a two year old vehicle that only had 38,653 miles on it.

- Clayton, NY, USA

Sep 192020

Trax

The service AWD drive warning light came on 26,206 miles>happened while driving. Intermittent

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Jan 182020

Trax

Air conditioning went out prematurely leaked and is blowing hot air

- Homeland, CA, USA

Dec 202019

Trax

On 2/17, I purchased a 2018 Chevy Trax. The engine light came on 12/20/19 therefore I took it to the dealership. The diagnostics revealed two problems but only one was covered under the warranty. Problem 1. turbo leaking at joint to inlet coupler (covered). Problem 2. oxygen sensor defective (not covered). I have 63,676 miles on my Trax and I was told that the warranty expired at 60,800 miles on the oxygen sensor. My car is only 1,400 miles over the warranty and I am experiencing so much problems. Also at times while driving the visual screen goes blank therefore the radio and reverse camaca does not work. There was also a recall on this vehicle and the dealer took care of it free of charge. I am so disappointed about my vehicle because it is not even two years old yet and so much problems. This car must be a lemon.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Sep 062019

Trax

Vehicle is involved in recall but dealership is forcing my daughter to drive vehicle in the meantime. No loaner is being offered.

- Rochester, MI, USA

Aug 082019

Trax

Lower control arm recall. Was initially told that parts would be available in 2-3 weeks. I am now at 5 weeks and no one can advise availability of parts. No loaner has been offered by the dealership. And this vehicle is driven by an 18-year-old so I'm not certain if they would allow her to drive one anyway.

- Rochester, MI, USA

Mar 142019

Trax

Purchased a 2018 Chevy Trax on February 16, 2019. It has been at the dealership twice, currently, to fix an issue of having no heat. Getting ready to send it back to the dealership again to try and fix the issue of no heat. Vehicle was left running in the drive way to heat up and driven more than 20 miles while waiting for the heat to start.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA