Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica:

Dec 172019

Pacifica

Vehicle accelerator jammed while slowly backing vehicle (rear end first) into home garage at around 12:15 P.M. on December 17, 2019. Vehicle and passengers were thrown back into the garage wall at a high speed causing vehicle and property damage. On form below, I estimated 1 mph, but it may have been less as I was slowly backing vehicle into home garage.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Jul 242019

Pacifica

Pacifica hybrid, two incidents: First was on freeway, fast lane, driving normally with active cruise control. The car suddenly shut down all acceleration and slowed. I was able to press the brake and stop. The front console lit up with many warnings including the frontal collision warnings. I was not close to car in front of me but a motorcycle had split lane passed me very closely and cut in. I had to power off my car and start it twice before it would go forward. I took car for service, Chrysler dealer found nothing wrong, replaced a computer module, gave it back. Less than one week later, the car again suddenly lost acceleration and braked. Same large set of warnings appeared. But this time the car didn't allow me to press the brakes. I was traveling on city streets less than 30 mph but had lost all acceleration and braking control of the vehicle and continued to roll into an intersection at about 7mph. The brake pedal literally pushed back against my foot. I gave it back to Chrysler dealership where it's been ever since. Car has 1100 miles on it purchased July 14th, registration on 7/16. Approximately 300 miles of the car was the dealership service department trying to replicate the issue. Now Chrysler corporate cares is telling me it's still under diagnosis (car hasn't even been turned on in more than 10 days) and that the only way I would get resolution is through arbitration "a free service". my vehicle is currently waiting for Chrysler star (highest level engineering) to even get to the case. I wanted to report the safety issue with the resolution steps for people to follow but unfortunately I can't. Chrysler might even try to give this vehicle back to me again (which I don't want). Note: Dealership has been very stand-up. The problem is Chrysler corporate.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 022019

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica. While at an intersection, the vehicle stalled while the accelerator pedal was depressed. When the contact depressed the accelerator pedal again, the vehicle returned to normal. The vehicle was taken to victor Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (6560 anthony dr, victor, NY 14564, (585) 381-5337) to be diagnosed, but a failure was not located. The failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,200.. consumer stated there is a correction - when trying to accelerate into traffic the accelerator did not respond then all of sudden surged forward. This has occurred 3 times.

- Southport, NC, USA