Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Journey:

Mar 032021

Journey

Vehicle turns off while driving without warning, even at full speed. This happens while I am drving anywhere including the highway

- Burlington, MA, USA

Dec 012020

Journey

I have had trouble with heat every winter for the past four years. I have paid thousands of dollars on this every winter and will work for that season only.

- Kokomo, IN, USA

Jan 042021

Journey

My car is throwing off a check engine light an it indicates it's my catalytic converter, my engine has an knocking sound also, and when I apply pressure on my brakes there's a delay of stopping. While I'm driving city/highway.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 112020

Journey

My AWD light is on and when I was driving my SUV rear wheels spin my SUV around in the middle of the highway and I almost caused an accident. On highway 84 going toward Mississippi.

- Gilbertown, AL, USA

Oct 032020

Journey

Over heating and running hotter than usual. Unusual smell from engine when accelerating quickly. Popping when making sharp turns. Air conditioner turning on and off or up and down randonly

- Dallas, NC, USA

Oct 082020

Journey

Driving down the highway or street, car completely shuts off, causing loss of brakes and power steering. Will restart after several attempts but is dangerous on the interstate or while passing or driving down the highway. Has happened on several occasions. Mechanic code pulls dead battery but battery changed and still shuts off.

- Minden, NE, USA

Sep 112020

Journey

The engine ha a clicking noise

- Mt. Juliet, TN, USA

Sep 102019

Journey

The passenger side heat stopped blowing warm and became only cold air. Found out by having heater core replaced that its because of casting sand left over on engine block and the angle of heater core causes it to buildup and prevent the heat from the core into the passenger side. New heater core already clogged no heat on either side. When they replaced it was Dodge dealer and they flushed everything they said.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Jan 172020

Journey

I have had my speed censor and wheel bearing repaired twice very closely together and it now needs done again. My ABS, traction, and AWD lights are all on. When they are all on, I have no traction at all and slide all over the place. It is very unsafe and I feel like my car is a death trap. I have put over $10,000 into my car in less than 3 years for unnecessary maintenance.

- Gibsonburg, OH, USA

Jan 082019

Journey

Coolant was low so it was filled with coolant. The reservoir was low again the very same day and the car was overheating (as well as the ac not working properly and blew hot air even when using cold) on the highway, barely making it to destination. The first diagnosis was an air vacuum caused a leak. The problem keeps reoccurring after the supposed fix.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Sep 072019

Journey

I was driving my 2012 Dodge Journey and my car power just shut down and it won't start. The brake pedal was hard and stiff.my car is completely disabled had to get it tow to my house. I tried to start the car it's not starting at all no peer no lights nothing completely dead

- Dover, DE, USA

Jul 182019

Journey

Coolant leak under intake.. repair shop said he had same identical vehicle come in less than a month ago same concern.. vehicle overheated and could smell something burning after hours of labor service manager sealed and replaced the hose. But says to check see if there was a recall since he had another vehicle come in.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jun 202019

Journey

ABS, AWD service, the vehicle loses power and stop, have to turn car off and back

- Gilbertown, AL, USA

Jun 282019

Journey

I've seen there has been a recall on the ABS unfortunately my vehicle was made a month later. My ABS light, break light, air bag light and the car slippery light is on.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Feb 022019

Journey

Radio goes out and vehicle not able to be used all controls in head unit complained about it 6 times and still nothing cant operate lights and safety equiptment

- Sullivan, IN, USA

Apr 172019

Journey

Over the last month my car will all of a sudden die while I am driving it. When it happens I lose power steering and brakes. I am not able to get out of traffic. My vehicle will go from 65 mph to 0 mph in seconds and stop where I may be. It has happened numerous time on the highway. This week it started to happen while on main roads. When it happens the check engine light will come on for a short time and the car will continue to try and restart itself but by the time I get the car to my mechanic the check engine light is off and not diagnostic codes are found. The car is unsafe to drive and the defect is unknown.

- South Attleboro, MA, USA

Mar 132019

Journey

Motor burned up cause of a pin hole leak from the radiator that went into the motor, mixed with the oil, being overheated

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Apr 202017

Journey

The antennae allows water to enter underneath it, seems its not fully sealed all around and it allows water to enter vehicle. Liner has water rings and rear left floor gets pretty damp. Saw the same water rings in a 2010 Journey. Rusting out any metal and or electrical components not seen.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 012019

Journey

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Journey. While operating the vehicle, a chemical odor was present. The contact became ill from the chemicals used to manufacturer the vehicle. Medical attention was not received. Salinas valley Ford Lincoln (1100 auto center cir, salinas, ca) was notified and did not assist. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 78,000. The VIN was unknown.

- Aptos, CA, USA

Jul 022018

Journey

Our back-up camera goes dark frequently or flips upside down while backing up and we almost hit a childt that ran behind us suddenly. Also, the vehicle won't shift into low gear when in automatic and going up hills, but shifts in manual, and it suddenly just slows down while in drive, which has caused us to almost get rear-ended several times. Finally, our tire sensors show low pressure, but when we replaced them all the tire symbol still showed up. Because our engine light is on, we took it in for a diagnostic. We were told the only problem is that we need a software update that would correct all these problems. We were told we would have to pay for it, but it seems it should be a recall item because of the safety issues.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA