5.9

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Journey:

Feb 292012

Journey

Issue with 2012 Dodge Journey crew: Dodge only offered 19" wheel but put an undersized 16" spare tire in car. The dimension of wheel Dodge used takes a tire that is not readily available and only manufactured by a small number of tire producers. This situation puts an owner in a predicament when a tire fails. Possibly be stuck some where it is virtually impossible to obtain a tire or weeks to get or have to drive long distances on a wheel that is significantly different in diameter than the other wheels. This is not a safe situation. My personal information is not needed by you or any one else. The above statements are facts which speak for themselves. I know from personal experience that the auto manufacturers do not care the slightest bit about a customers concerns. They lie are arrogant and rude and vindictive. The above issue applies to all 2012 Dodge Journey crew vehicles made at that time.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

May 162013

Journey 6-cyl

Have had my Dodge purchased new for a little less than one year. At around 20,000 miles I noticed the tires seemed to be wearing excessively which I thought was strange with new tires. I requested at my next oil change to have them rotated to see if that would help. Never paid it much more attention until my traction light kept coming on when driving in regular weather conditions in addition to wet conditions. I contacted the dealer had my car inspected. The suspension and alignment seemed to be fine there was no explanation why my tires at that point 28,000 were balled and down to the tread indicators on all four tires. The dealership contacted kumho who advised I did not have a warranty for regular tread wear and Dodge states they have nothing to do with the tires the warranty is through kumho. Well would you expect to have an unsafe vehicle to drive because of no tread being left at 28,000 miles? I would not until I contacted kumho to discuss myself and were advised that the tires are made out of a compound that is not meant to last that long and are not of the same material as you would buy a new set of tires of the same brand and size from a tire dealership directly. They make the tires to the manufacturer specifications and they are not meant to last so balled tires at 20,000 miles is acceptable and safe for new Dodge Journey owners! when I am in an accident with my family because of these tires being made out of a compound that is only meant to last a few miles then someone will here me then I am sure! bad business move to make inferior tires to put on new vehicles and then point the fingers at eachother and no one is responsible! sad!

- Lawrenceville, IL, USA