Service - Four Piece Oil Pan Gasket
All Cummins Equipped Vehicles ONLY - The replacement oil pan gasket can be a four piece gasket rather than a single
piece gasket. This applies to Cummins 5.9L and 6.7L engines only.
1. Clean the oil pan T-joints.~
2. Fill the T-joint between the pan rail/gear housing and pan rail/rear seal retainer
with sealant. Use MoparÂ® Silicone Rubber Adhesive Sealant or equivalent.
3. Apply a 2-mm [0.063-in] bead of Mopar Engine Sealant RTV Silicone Rubber
Adhesive, to the oil pan flange.~
4. The four piece gasket will need to be assembled to make a complete oil pan
5. Lay the oil pan gasket(s) onto the oil pan flange.~
6. Ensure the oil pan gasket segment joints are properly aligned.
7. Apply a 2-mm [0.063-in] bead of Mopar Engine Sealant RTV Silicone Rubber
Adhesive, to the top of the oil pan gasket.~
8. Install the oil pan. Starting from the center and working outward, tighten the oil
pan bolts to 28 NÂ·m [21 ft. lbs.].