Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Fiat 500e:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Fiat dealer.

Sep 012020

500e

click to see larger images

car shut down while driving

While driving, the car suddenly stopped and quickly slowed itself down and I barely was able to steer it to the side of the road. It would not start again. I was able to disconnect the 12v battery a few times and get the computers to reset and could start the car again. However, after about 10 mins of driving it stalled again.

I had it towed to the local Chrysler dealership that works on the 500e. They had it in the shop for 2 and a half months trying to figure out what was wrong. They replaced the ABS/RBS module which didn't fix the problem. Then they traced all wiring and found a loose connection to the BPCM (Battery Pack Connection Module). They fixed the connection and was able to clear all errors.

I drove the car home from the dealership, then 2 days later I was backing into my driveway and it stalled again. Blew a RBS error and the car wouldn't start. Let the car sit overnight and was able to get the car to start again and backed it fully in to my drive way, but the RBS error remained.

I had the car towed back to the dealership where it is now.

- 3li.luc, Parkland, WA, US