7.3

Most common solutions:

1. dealer repaired leak (1 reports)
  3. recall, a software fix (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Escape:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Jul 102019

Escape SE

At 132,000 miles, the engine began throwing a code for Engine Coolant Low and Engine Overheat. After adding a small amount of coolant, enough to fill the overflow container, the light and code would go away. At 154,000 miles the engine has developed an oil leak that seems to become more evident when the code comes up. I always check the oil and coolant levels, and make certain they are correct each day. It has become annoying beyond belief, and Ford says there are no recalls for the issue with my VIN.

- Larry G., Spring, TX, US

Apr 282016

Escape SE 1.7L I4

Finding the dealership is not very responsive. They took care of the problem. Had the car for 4 days. Had to call the dealership to get updates.

- Wayne S., Victorville, CA, US

Dec 032012

Escape SE 1.6L

This has been a major recall. 85, 000 cars. Affecting the 1.6 L engine. Fluids are leaking out causing engine fires. This was a manditory recall. Ford told people not drive the vehicle and have the car towed to the dealer. I did not want to drive a 1.6 L anymore did not want to drive this engine car anymore. I wanted to upgrade to a 2.0 which I am. But I have to pay a additional $2000.00 , which I should not have to do this.

- Mark K., East Northport, NY, US