Ford Recall 19C06: Vehicles Still In Factory Mode/FMVSS 114/102
2020 Ford Explorer
Without the cover, the MPR lever may be unintentionally moved, allowing the vehicle to roll away. Being in Factory Mode, the vehicle will not display warnings and/or gear selection on the instrument cluster. Both conditions increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Cluster/Panel
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)|Parking Brake
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020 Explorer and Lincoln Aviator vehicles. The Manual Park Release (MPR) cover may not be installed. In addition, the vehicles may be in Factory Mode, which disables warning alerts and does not display the transmission gear selected. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 114, "Theft Prevention" and 102, "Trans Shift Lever Seq/Starter Interlock/Trans Braking Effect."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, install a MPR cover. Dealers will verify the instrument cluster is not in Factory Mode and clear any fault codes, free of charge. The recall began August 23, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19C06.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- Ford
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION/ DELIVERY HOLD. Compliance Recall 19C06 – Supplement #1 - Certain 2020 Model Year Explorer and Aviator Vehicles. Factory Mode Disable and Manual Park Release Cover Inspection required.
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION/ DELIVERY HOLD - 2020 Model Year Explorer and Aviator Vehicles. RE: Factory Mode Disable and Manual Park Release Cover Inspection.
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY COMPLIANCE RECALL FOR SELECT 2020 FORD EXPLORER AND LINCOLN AVIATOR VEHICLES
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4