9.0

Most common solutions:

2. upgraded to 2019 5.0 v8 f150 (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Ford F-150:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Sep 012019

F-150 XLT 3.2L V6

Vehicle was a week old - I returned to the dealership and expressed my concerns. They said it needs to learn itself and to keep driving. Along with the hesitation that occurred at low speeds and between 3-5th gears (it’s a 10 speed and I can view the shifting sequence). I get to speed shifting but when it hesitates and I have no acceleration, I found it to be dangerous. The hesitations would happen at take off like the truck's motor was cutting out. Then at a red light, it completely stopped with the auto shut off activated. I went to go - and nothing.

There was no restart of the motor - I had to put the truck in park, and then restart to go. The low speed hesitations corresponds with shifting at times and from a complete stop. The shifting between 3-5 causes the truck to buck and jump. I purchased a F-150 truck, not a Bronco. Took it back 1st time at 300 or less miles, and they said just drive it. 2nd time the drive went and I could not get it to do anything but reprogram the transmission. The 3rd time they dropped the transmission and put a control module on. 4th time it’s back and they are installing a new transmission. I’m NOT pleased with this truck.

Update from Jan 15, 2022: Traded it back in has it six months only drive it three of those rest it was in the shop i took that keys/truck said I’m done fix it out find me another. So after all the drama i was told it was a issue with the motor and transmission like a bad marriage arguing !

- kkberry, Livingston, US

Jun 072020

F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8

Bought a new 2019 f-150 lariat V8 RWD on last day of May 2019 from Hollingsworth Ford Baton Rouge, LA. During the first month not even 700 mile the check engine light came on. I took it back to my dealer he said it was my fault and rats around my house ate wires. Not covered under warranty charged me $230 in Fords defense I called them after I paid and thy said they would have paid if I called them.

Problem 2: Took truck to Ford service for 2nd oil change asked them to rotate the tires while I was there. I leave the dealer and the truck is pulling so hard to left the auto lane assist is kicking in constantly. I took it right back to same dealer, and they said there is a busted radial in one of the rear tires and they can't tell which one so they told me to just drive it and don't rotate the tires till the treads wear out. Of course this is not covered under warranty either.

Disaster problem 3 and most important - Roughly about a year after I bought it (so May 2020, when it is 95 degrees outside or higher with the heat index). I drove the truck for about 10 miles then waited in parking lot for 45 minutes with engine on and A/C at full blast. The truck started vibrating hard then just totally died, I have to put it in park and restart it. The rough idle vibration happens at least once per week. It's had the rough idle vibrate then totally died 4 times during June to September 2020. It only does this when truck is stopped so far, but there is a ton of information online in Ford forum boards with probably thousands of people having same problem.

My truck is not throwing codes or check engine lights. I have taken it to 2 Ford dealers and they won't help at all. During my research on the forum board they say the Mustang with the V8 does the same thing but somehow they got a memo on them and are fixing the Mustangs. I am so pissed off - I paid $50,000 for a truck that is stalling. I did it on me in the middle of an intersection, and only by grace from God I did not get killed or hurt badly. As far as I am concerned Ford, does not honor their warranty's at all!!!!!!!!!!

- Thomas S., Baton Rouge, LA, US

Nov 092020

F-150 Sport 3.2L V6

Was stopped in traffic waiting for light to change, traffic light changed to green, stepped from the brake to gas pedal and everything shut down. Nearly was rear ended by the car in back of me who evidently saw the green light and started to go and stopped within inches from me. He stated that I had no brake lights. Placed the transmission into park and tried to restart, would not start. After about 3 to 4 minutes of turning the key on and off, it finally started. I experienced that same thing right after I bought it, but thought it was something I might of done to cause this, this time after putting it in park and turning off the key it started right up.

This is a very dangerous situation, I have read other instances where people have had the same situation while driving and have nearly had an accident that may of caused serious injuries. Ford should initiate a recall immediately until the problem can be resolved, and not putting the customers to bring in in for a diagnostics, and telling them they cannot see any thing wrong is bull sh*t and trying to charge them for the check! If this continues I will seek legal assistance, and file numerous complaints.

- Dawna H., Long Beach, WA, US

Apr 292021

F-150 Lariat

Rough idles when coming to a stop. Occasionally RPMs drop enough to stall out.

- Bryan S., Crozet, VA, US