2.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-250:

Oct 172020

F-250

My truck violently shakes after hitting a bump or groove. I am barely able to control it and it will not stop until you bring the vehicle to a stop.

- Belews Creek, NC, USA

Oct 022020

F-250

When traveling over 50 mph when my vehicle hits a bump, I get a "death wobble" where the front end shakes uncontrollably. The only option that I have is to slow the vehicle down to 35 or below to get it to stop. I've come close to either losing control or getting hit from behind on several occasions. I can replicate this event by going over different bumps in the road. I have re-aligned my vehicle, replaced the brake system, installed a new steering dampner, rotors, etc, to no avail. Ford dealerships play stupid and act as if there's no problem, I've taken it to multiple mechanics and they insist that it's faulty parts within the steering and suspension. Would like to have it repaired if possible, but don't have a lot of options as to what the true cause is. Please advise as to whether or not you have any other complaints. This has been an ongoing issue since I purchased the vehicle new in 2011. It has only gotten worse as it gets older.

- Soddy-Daisy, TN, USA

Jan 012016

F-250

Ford death wobble when the truck hits a rough spot in the road, uncontrollable wobble that requires a full stop.

- Macon, GA, USA

Sep 132020

F-250

Vehicle is experiencing "death wobble". dealership installed kc3Z 3E651 B:damper assy to fix the issue. Problem re-occurred within weeks. Took it back to the dealer and they could not explain. This time they said the trac bar ball joint needed to be replaced. Replaced it and had the same problem re-occurring within days. This problem occurs randomly when driving over minor bumps, road seams in bridges, etc. With and without carrying a load. Indications are heavy vibrations in the front end/steering that will not stop until you let the vehicle de-accelerate on it's own without using the brake.

- Highland, IL, USA

May 122020

F-250

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. The contact stated while driving approximately 50 mph and driving over a bump in the roadway, the front end of the vehicle suddenly started to violently shake and vibrate. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer autonation Ford located at 4355 jonesboro rd, union city, ga 30291, who diagnosed that the suspension needed to be repaired. The damper assembly, front suspension, ball joints, and tie rod connections were replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 94,000.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Sep 052020

F-250

The steering damper has malfunction which caused death wobble. The truck almost flipped.

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA

Aug 032020

F-250

Shortly after purchasing the truck, was driving on residential street @ a low speed & front end started shaking uncomtrollable, after running over a man hole cover had to fully stop fully, shortly after I was getting on an expresssssy & ran over small chug hole and it started again, took to my mechanic who installed a heavy duty stabilizer bar, new shocks a new camber kit & 2 allignments, still does the same thing, hoping Ford has the answer for repairs, would love to be able to pull our rv with the grandkids & wife

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 172020

F-250

Driving 45 mph on road I drive all the time and all of the sudden the truck started shaking violently and there was no ability to steer at all because of the shaking. I had to slow the truck down to just a few mph to get the shaking to stop. It was extremely scary and there was absolutely no way to turn the vehicle in any direction if I had needed to.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Jun 092020

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

I was driving on the interstate and hit a bump in the road and the steering wheel was shaking uncontrollably, brakes barely worked while trying to pull off the road. At first I thought that my tires were about to come off my truck, the shaking was so bad that items in the seat ended up on the floorboard of the truck. While trying to get the truck to stop and off the interstate I was almost rear ended by an 18 wheeler.

- Bessemer, AL, USA

May 252020

F-250

Vehicle in motion at 60 to 65 mph on smooth public city highway when the vehicle began shaking uncontrollably particularly in the front end. Steering became difficult to control and although I immediately began to brake and attempt to keep it from the median or ditch the vehicle didn't cease the uncontrollable shaking until I came to a near stop off the edge of the highway. It continues to feel as if it were about to occur any moment again the remaining 20 miles to my home. I intend on taking it to the Ford dealership first thing in the morning as if was a dangerous situation to myself and wife as well as other drivers on the highway. Purchased vehicle less than 5 months ago.

- Woodville, MS, USA

Aug 172018

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

Truck has excessive wobble at highway speeds causing loss of control. Death wobble. New tires, track bar, tie rod ends have been installed and front end adjusted to Ford bulletin with no solution of correcting the issue. This issue started in August 2018 and has been in the dealership several times for corrections. The truck was in the shop again last week with the same issue.

- Camden, AR, USA

May 012013

F-250

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. The contact stated while driving 65 mph and hauling a trailer, the vehicle drove over a bump in the roadway and experienced the death wobble. The contact regained control of the vehicle and drove safely to the destination. The vehicle was taken to autonation Ford corpus christi located at 6250 S. padre island dr, corpus christi, tx 78412, to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the vehicle needed a front wheel alignment. The alignment was performed however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jan 022020

F-250

Front tires go into a death wobble as you are driving over 55 mph and cannot be controlled. Must pull over and stop to correct but it will happen again.

- Humble, TX, USA

Jun 162018

F-250

"death wobbly" the 1st time this happened I was on the interstate traveling 70mph when the steering wheel started violently shaking. I pulled over on the shoulder of the interstate thinking my tires had blown out. I walked around my truck everything looks fine so I'm on my way. It does it again a few weeks later I had to slow down to 30mph on the interstate before it would stop at this time I have talk around and new what was happening. The service guy at the dealership told me to put new tires on the truck that should fix it. My tires were practically new so I wasn't replacing them so he suggested road force balance. After doing more research looks like this has been a problem for a long time. I really hope there is a recall to fix this problem before someone is killed. I bought the truck used with 59000 miles on it at the price of 40K. I would probably went with a different truck had I known about these issues.

- Salisbury, NC, USA

Dec 132019

F-250

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while driving between 55- 60 mph, the front of the vehicle started shaking badly. The failure occurred when driving at higher speeds and mentioned the failure as being the 'death wobble'. the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where all four tires were replaced and twice an alignment was completed. The technician informed the contact it could be a death wobble related failure. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer and was not repaired. The contact stated that the failure recurred numerous times intermittently. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 95,000.

- Leggett, TX, USA

Apr 032018

F-250

When traveling above 50mph and hitting minor transitions, holes, imperfections in the roadway the front goes into a sever vibration causing a out of control experience. Must slow down below 40 mph to get under control. I think this is referred to the "death wobble" continue to replace parts trying to find a solution

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 092019

F-250

Traveling on interstate highway 40 speed 65 mph my 2011 Ford F-250 crew cab superduty experienced an extremely violent shaking of vehicle front end which came very near to complete loss of control. The only way to stop the shaking was to hit the brakes hard and drop down to 20 mph or so before the shaking stopped-dangerous on a high speed highway. Looked it up when I returned from trip and apparently this is a fairly common problem. Suggested fixes of alignment, shock replacement and tire balancing did not work-still experience the problem about once a month-always in a straight line and speeds between 55 and 70 mph. Bumps in the road make it more likely to happen. Date below is the last time it occurred-it has happened about 10 times in the last year.

- Durango, CO, USA

Nov 182019

F-250

Uncontrolable front wheel bounce at speeds above 45 mph when you hit even the slightest bump or variation in the road. Entire truck shakes and you have to slow down to 20 mph or lower to get the bounce to stop. Has happened at least 30 or more times. Tires, tire pressure, shocks, steering stabalizer, and all front end components have been check and replaced. Still continues to happen. This issue is extremely widespread with many forums talking about it. This will cause multiple deaths if not handled swiftly. Driver has not control over vehicle until the bounce stops. At highway speeds (45 mph +) this is not an issue that can be put off any longer. Recently watched another Ford F250 (with 6.7 engine, so 2011 or newer) get the tire bounce and ended up going off the road and rolling twice. I hit the same area and was able to control the bounce and slow because I saw the other Ford crash. I am trying to research the crash and get a police report number to submit. I can't emphasize how important it is that this gets handled and fixed by Ford!!

- Aurora, CO, USA

Nov 062019

F-250

Death wobble! dealership has replaced ball joint, bushing, new tires, some connecting rod ' still happens!!! this is going to kill me or somebody!!! it happens at 70 mph and above. This is all over the internet ' Ford knows about it; they just haven't fixed it.

- Marshall, TX, USA

Jul 012019

F-250

Death wobble. While in the highway at speeds above 45 mph if you hit any sort of bump the front end starts shaking uncontrollably and have to slow down to about 25mph to regain control. This has happened to me over 15 times in the last month. It is very dangerous and I have almost been in severe accidents a couple times. I have had it at the shop to fix this problem. They replaced the steering stabilizer and the problem did not go away. After reading for hours online there is no effective fix for this. This seems to be a dangerous design defect that Ford will not address.

- Rockport, TX, USA