2.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-250:

Jan 012021

F-250

The truck has developed the "death wobble" at speeds between 50 and 60mph. Driving becomes uncontrollable as the truck shakes and bounces very hard and I have to rapidly come to a stop. I've had some work done on it at a local shop but it hasn't solved the problem. It's basically not highway road worthy but I can drive it around town.

- Ely, NV, USA

Jun 042021

F-250

I was going 65 MPH in center lane, hit a pothole. The right front wheel began to vibrate wildly. I thought it was going to fall off. I slammed my brakes and veered sharply right to reach the breakdown lane. We were nearly in a violent collision. The car behind me slammed his breaks, leaving skid marks, the car in the lane to my right was forced into the breakdown lane, also leaving skid marks. We had 200 miles to home which we drove slowly without further incident. I had to replace: tie rod ends, steering damper, ball joint, stabilizer bar. Truck needed an alignment. $1008.37. 4 months later, I hit a pothole. The LEFT front tire vibrated wildly. Now I knew what do do.

- Sparta, NJ, USA

Jun 042021

- Sparta, NJ, USA

Jul 012021

F-250

This truck developed "death wobble" after a simple tire rotation. At approximately 53mph, any bump in the road surface would cause the front end to shake violently and cause the truck to be uncontrollable. While violent, it locks the truck into an unsteerable condition and only hard braking can stop the truck. the truck shuttered violently until stopped. From the repairs it appears a combination of weakening shocks and steering stabilizer cause the front end to shutter mildly and probably constantly until the bushings on the track bar are worn enough to cause problems. Then any alteration in front end components, like rotating the tires will unbalance the entire precarious set-up. Once "death wobble" has occurred, it becomes more violent and happens more often until the truck is fixed. Worst of all, there is no single fix or known fix for this problem. The owner if forced to spent thousands of dollars trying every known fix until the problem stops. It was so violent, I was concerned the truck could possibly destroy itself. I was astounded the entire truck did not shake itself apart, it was extremely violent and made steering impossible. I had to drive back to the tire shop at 45mph and carefully avoid even the most minor bump in the road to stop the truck from shaking itself to pieces or killing us.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Apr 282021

F-250

The problem with this vehicle is Death Wobble from the front suspension of the truck. Over the years it has done this and is quite dangerous when at highway speed, because when it happens, you will have to slow to 30 MPH to regain control of the the truck. I have had this issue fixed two separate times, about every four years, by replacing the ball joint and track bar. These repairs are costing about $450 usd. There are no warning before this problem happens. You simply have to hit a bump in the road going 60-70 MPH for it happen.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Apr 202021

F-250

2011 Ford F250 death wobble. Front end repaired after several wobble incidents in 2018. Vehicle now begins shaking at speed of 45mph and uncontrollable at 65mph. I either have to slow down, or accelerate to 70+ to avoid the wobble, but steering still shakes

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 272021

F-250

Experience death wobble every time I merge onto the highway. Results in loss of control and is very hard to control and maintain in my lane.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 112021

F-250

At highway speeds if hitting a defect in the road, like a pothole or some kind of dip, my front end starts shaking violently and I can barely keep control of the truck. This is known as death wobble. This has happened multiple times while driving down the highway.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jan 162020

F-250

Front end shimmy that is felt in the steering while moving at highway speeds.

- Salinas, CA, USA

Mar 052021

F-250

Traveling on interstate onramp getting up to speed and at approximately 50 mph hit a small bump and front end started to shake violently to the point I had to slow to 30 mph for it to stop almost causing accident. Accelerated up to 75 mph again with no issue. Approximately 3 miles after the first incident I went across a bridge and the bump at bridge transition caused the truck to again violently shake until I slowed down to 30mph. No modifications to the vehicle suspension. Truck has 112000 miles. Dealer says nothing wrong even though it happened while testing it. It does not happen everytime I hit a bump. But it does happen 2-3 times per month

- Mitchell, SD, USA

Feb 182021

F-250

Almost killed me and my family from death wobble on the highway. Truck violently shakes when bumps are hit going over 50mph. Extreme safety hazard. Hit a bump on I-25 and shook across 3 lanes of traffic. This is about 6 times since I bought the vehicle and the dealer says there are no issues with the truck. I know 8 Ford owners with the exact same issue.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 012019

F-250

I'm experiencing the death wobble while driving after hitting a bump in the road. It happens on regular roads and interstates. I have changed all front end parts and shocks, got new tires balanced and aligned, and it's still not fixed. I'm told there's nothing else that can be done. It has been happening for over a year. It has happened anywhere between 40mph and 70mph.

- Church Point, LA, USA

Jan 232021

F-250

My Ford F-250 starts shaking very very bad when I hit a small bump on the freeway. To get the very scary wobble to stop I need to slow down on the freeway between 20-30 miles per hour. This has happened over 50 times. I've had it happen 3 times within ten miles before. Slowing down to 20-30 on the freeway has been very dangerous. And I have almost been in a few accidents because of it. It is so bad and dangerous that I try not to ever have anyone ride in my truck with me. My family is scared to ride it it anyways.

- Ridgefield, WA, USA

Jan 192021

F-250

Death wobble. As I was accelerating to enter freeway traffic my right front wheel hit a pot hole on the on ramp. I was doing approximately 50 mph. The truck immediately went into a wobble that was almost un-controllable. I was able to slow my truck and drive to the shoulder of the freeway. I inspected the front end, tires, shocks, steering dampener (which were new) and did not find any problems.

- Mesquite, NV, USA

Jan 142021

F-250

Was driving truck approximately 60 mph when it began experiencing death wobble. This has been occurring more and more frequently over the past 6 months and I recently had the shocks, steering dampener, & drag link replaced and it only made the wobble worse. I had to pull over twice within 5 miles to get the steering wheel to stop shaking.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

Dec 262020

F-250

Death wobble, shaking uncontrollably when hitting bumps or uneven roads on highway at 65mph

- Arvada, CO, USA

Dec 122020

F-250

Ford F-250 crewcab with no aftermarket parts & Ford recommended rims/tires: A month ago I noticed wobbling/shaking similar to the described 'death wobble'. placed truck in for service and a recommendation for a solution. While driving over 50 mph and the vehicle runs over bump on the highway, the steering wheel and truck will shake violently. As this so called death wobble occurs I will coast over to the emergency lane and coast to a stop. I have noticed vehicles behind me slow down quickly and I am assuming they are see truck shake violently, too. If other drivers are seeing this death wobble occurring I am wondering if these drivers are taking emergency avoidance actions which could cause an accident to others. How safe are F-250/F-350 to be on the road? the pickup has been the shop twice for repairs and now I need to contact the shop again for third recommendation. All of the Ford recommendations have been completed but the death wobble returns again in less than 60 miles. I cannot sell the pick-up because I know the pick-up has the death wobble. 'so now I am stuck with a pick-up that cannot be driven on the highway. Please post any suggestions/recommendations for a repair for the death wobble. Thank you for your help

- Media, PA, USA

Aug 172018

F-250

Let me start by saying that my truck does not have any aftermarket changes - it is completely stock/oem. At highway speeds (60mph+), the front end of my truck sometimes shudders severely after going over small road surface changes such as joints/seams in the highway. At first it only occurred during sweeping highway turns, but it has progressed to happening on straights as well. The shudder is so severe that the steering wheel nearly shakes out of my hands and things in the stowage spots on the doors are shaken out. I now have to slow to <30mph in order to settle the front end which is obviously extremely dangerous to have to suddenly do on a highway. The initial event occurred at roughly 80K miles and only happened a few times a year. I now have 130K miles and the problem has occurred 3 times within the last month. I've recently replaced all shock absorbers and the steering dampener, had an alignment and the tires balanced and rotated - to no avail. The truck is currently in the shop where they are trying to identify the specific problem but have told me this is relatively common among Ford Super Duty trucks. After doing some research online I have found numerous online communities discussing this problem that has apparently been occurring with Ford Super Duty trucks for over a decade and is still occurring on new units with as few as 15K miles.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Oct 172020

F-250

My truck violently shakes after hitting a bump or groove. I am barely able to control it and it will not stop until you bring the vehicle to a stop.

- Belews Creek, NC, USA

Oct 022020

F-250

When traveling over 50 mph when my vehicle hits a bump, I get a "death wobble" where the front end shakes uncontrollably. The only option that I have is to slow the vehicle down to 35 or below to get it to stop. I've come close to either losing control or getting hit from behind on several occasions. I can replicate this event by going over different bumps in the road. I have re-aligned my vehicle, replaced the brake system, installed a new steering dampner, rotors, etc, to no avail. Ford dealerships play stupid and act as if there's no problem, I've taken it to multiple mechanics and they insist that it's faulty parts within the steering and suspension. Would like to have it repaired if possible, but don't have a lot of options as to what the true cause is. Please advise as to whether or not you have any other complaints. This has been an ongoing issue since I purchased the vehicle new in 2011. It has only gotten worse as it gets older.

- Soddy-Daisy, TN, USA