8.0

$300

Most common solutions:

1. install front end stabilizer (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford F-250:

Apr 062018

F-250 SD 6.7L Diesel

I bought the 2017 F250SD Diesel truck brand new. It has never been off road. It developed severe 'death wobble' at 13k, at, and above 45mph. First VA dealership drove it 15 miles and said nothing was wrong. 2nd VA dealership could not see any visible problems, but test drove it and experienced the death wobble at 45mph. The mechanic was terrified.

Ford HQ had them change parts at random in the front end, until the problem stopped. Truck now has 22k on it and the death wobble is back. Dealership in PA could not re-produce the problem so would do nothing. Ford customer help told me there was nothing they would do and told me to drive the 6 hours back to VA! This is a CATASTROPHIC FAILURE of the front end, and is a severe danger not just to me but anyone around me. It is no fun at 70mph when it kicks in. All I can do is jam on the brakes until I slow to 25mph when it goes away. I have caused trucks and cars to swerve around me as I head for the hard shoulder.

I see other people have had this happen on their 2017 F250's. PA dealership told me they had also heard of this. Ford told me they had never heard of it. Ha! Why, with something so severe, does Ford deny this problem? Are they really waiting for someone to get killed? I would like to see if the trucks with this problem were manufactured at the same plant, or if the front end components were manufactured at the same plant. The dealerships wont drive the truck long enough to hit the 'right bump' to trigger the death wobble, so will do nothing.

What can I do? I have been a Ford guy for years but the customer service and support has been appalling. I will NEVER buy another Ford. Do not buy these trucks in case you get one with this unsolvable problem.

- stevewkelly, Fredericksburg, US

Sep 062018

F-250 Diesel

The front end (tires) wobble on all bumps in the road, not bad but definite wobble. Tires wearing very fast with cupping of tread. Dealer stated Ford does not have a wobble problem. Could not duplicate the condition but inspector noted and commented on tire cupping. Told to rotate every 4000 miles and pay for balancing every time. Went on internet to see if any suggestions and had a front end stabilizer installed ($300 ). Not fixed but MUCH better. Just had serviced and told them and service rep said Ford has a fix that is under warranty after I paid for work. They did give me a $30 credit for my $300 repair. Step up Ford.

- Paul H., Fallbrook, CA, US