Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford F-250:

Jan 122020

F-250

żdeath wobbleż when driving my Ford F-250 between 60-75 mph, when I hit a bump or small unevenness on the road the pick up begins to violently shake! the pickup barely has 38,000 and the severity of this issue can be life threatening to self and others. Ford has no information regarding a solution to fix the problem. Their solution was to replace the adjustable track bar but it did not eliminate the violent shake at the fore mentioned speeds. I did some research on line regarding the problem (I am not a certified mechanic) but a common problem that was verified by more than 5 certified mechanics was the degree of caster in the axle. An issue from what they believe originated at the manufacturer. I cannot understate the safety concern that I have driving my F250 that I limit the driving I do in this vehicle. Very disappointing and frustrating when Ford does not recognize the problem or try to resolve the issue with a recall. My hope is that the NHTSA can intervene and prevent someone from becoming fatally injured due to this problem.

- Leander, TX, USA

Jan 142020

F-250

70mph or above when going over a rough road or bridge joints, truck goes into a death wobble that canżT be corrected until I drop below 20mph. Has happened 5 times in 6 weeks. This causes almost a complete loss of control and requires pulling over into a shoulder or median, which is not always available

- Richmond, TX, USA

Jun 102019

F-250

In the past 18 months the steering problem got worse. In the last 6 months I have done alot of research and called the local Ford dealers and said they will not repair the vehicle unless I get a recall notice> death wobble is serious. Ford needs to fix there problems. Please help. Shakes like heck and almost wrecked multiple times. 2017 F250 Super Duty crew cab

- Lewistown, PA, USA

Feb 152020

F-250

The truck has developed what is called the death wobble. Truck has 53,000 miles on it.took to Ford at 47,000 miles and they replaced the steering damper assy. Happened again today after being on highway traveling about 65 mph. Hit small bump and truck started shaking uncontrolably. Had to hit brakes hard with cars behind me to slow down to about 30mph before it stopped. Not happy with putting my life or others in danger.will be calling Ford again on Monday about issue.

- Irwin, OH, USA

Nov 082019

F-250

The front suspension and steering components develop a violent vibration after driving over a bridge expansion joint or a pothole at highway speeds. This phenomenon is more commonly referred to as the żdeath wobbleż. I have found that slowing to a stop on the highway is the only way to stop the vibration and regain control of the steering. It is unsafe to stop in the middle of the highway with traffic around you. It is unsafe to not have control of your steering especially when other traffic is all round you.

- Miamisburg, OH, USA

Feb 122020

F-250

While traveling down the interstate at a speed of 70mph hit a bridge that was raised (rough bridge)causing the vehicle to violently shake (death wobble)...almost lost control of vehicle. Extremely terrifying. Could have killed my husband and I! after vehicle was dropped to a speed of approx 35-40 mph the truck straightened out.

- Rogers, AR, USA

Feb 082020

F-250

While driving on the highway and you hit a bump the trucks starts shaking violently. I read its called death wobble. It has done it multiples times, and it is hard to control. I had Ford perform the tsb for this and it did not help.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Feb 112020

F-250

Wobbles violently at highway speed. Has happened 5 times starting at about 35,000 miles. Happens when driving at 70 and when hitting a bump like a bridge abutment. Truck now has 95,000 miles, happened again yesterday at 77 mph and wouldn't stop until I slowed the truck to 45 mph. I've had the tires and the steering damper changed.

- Fulton, MO, USA

Feb 092020

F-250

Driving about 60 miles per hour on a state maintained highway I hit a small depression in the road and the front end of the truck and the steering column started to shake violently to the point I had very little control of the vehicle. I was able to pull over and stop. I understand there is a class action lawsuit against Ford describing the death wobble effect. That description is exactly what I experienced.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Dec 232019

F-250

This is the second Ford F250 I've had in less than a month that has a severe problem with the suspension/steering.driving above 45-50mph and you drive over uneven road surface, the steering wheel will start to shake side to side and almost cause lose of control. I had this happen twice on two separate trucks, both 2017 F250's.it is very unsafe to drive especially at highway speeds. Ford knows there is a problem, but doesn't have the correct parts to fix it. Dealer is no help.the truck only has 21K miles.

- Killingworth, CT, USA

Jul 082019

Death wobble

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Nov 192018

F-250

Vehicle will shake violently without any warning, steering wheel is uncontrollable until you come to an almost stop then it will quit shaking vehicle is in motion on highway usually between 45-65 mph when the shaking starts, steering dampner was replaced by dealer at 20 K and at 29 K shaking started again

- Rockford, IL, USA

Oct 042019

F-250

Death wobble - driving with or without cruise control, within 65 and 70 mph, a slight bump in the road will cause the front suspension, both wheels, to shake violently until the speed is reduced to below 35 mph.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Jan 312020

F-250

Driving in forward motion above 50 miles per hour, the vehicle will experience an uncontrollable wobble when hitting any size bump in the road. This is not an intermittent event. This occurs with vehicle empty or under tow (loaded). The only way to correct it is to slow down below 40 mph. I have researched this phenomenon online and have found hundreds of customers experiencing the same issue. Most have reported Ford is aware of the problem. It has also been discussed in the forum that Ford used to cover the repair, but is no longer covering under warranty. My truck only has 20000 miles on it, I only use it for everyday driving and towing a camper under normal conditions. Tires are in good condition and inflated properly. The condition presents on any type road at speeds above 50 mph. I have also noted a creaking/ clunking sound during slow speed tight turns in the parking lot.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Feb 042020

F-250

When cruising at highway speeds and I drive across an expansion joint or large crack in the road the front end wobbles terribly. This is terrifying and I must slow down immediately to about 30 mph to get the wobbling to stop. This has happened several times now starting when the truck had 35,000 miles on it. I am afraid I am going to cause an accident if this does not get fixed.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Feb 022020

F-250

TL- the contact owns a 2017 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while driving at 65 mph, the front end of the vehicle began shaking uncontrollably without warning. The contact pulled over to check the vehicle and found nothing notable in regards to the vehicle shaking. The contact stated that once he had resumed driving at had reached that same rate of speed, the failure had occurred again. The vehicle had not been taken to be inspected or diagnosed. The manufacturer had not been notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 34,000.

- Kettle Falls, WA, USA

Jan 192019

F-250

I have had a death wobble, violent shaking in the steering wheel and front end, happen 4 times now. It is all stock and under warranty yet. The Ford dealer has replaced parts in the front end 3 times now but never seems to fix or guarantee the wobble will not happen again. This is a safety issue that Ford needs to address before people get killed from loss of control because of this issue. All 4 times this wobble happened I was traveling at 70 mph on a highway.

- Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

Feb 012018

F-250

Iżve had to had my suspension and steering components replaced 3 times due to severe steering shake when driving in a highway situation. The shaking is so bad that at times Iżve come very close to causing a bad accident.

- Rexford, NY, USA

Nov 022018

F-250

Very scary death wobble.at speeds from 45 to 65 mph I have taken the truck to Ford with no help. The first time they said the tires were bad. Which was very strange because they only had about 20,000 miles on them. So I replaced them at the dealer with factory originals. No fix no help from Ford

- Rockspring, GA, USA

Nov 012019

F-250

TL- the contact owns a 2017 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while driving at speeds between 40-75 mph the front driver side would suddenly began to shake and vibrate after driving over a bump in the road. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer community Ford (2200 S. walnut St. Bloomington in.). the cause of the failure was not yet determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,000. Jft

- Switz City, IN, USA